Posted by Nicole on Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 3:46pm.
I get -10
yet the checking does not work.
Does the negative go on the whole 3Y or just the 3?
Math - Jai, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 4:22pm
Your solution and answer are actually correct. :)
Let's do the checking part:
Y = 4Y + 30
if Y = -10,
-10 = -10(4) + 30
-10 = -40 + 30
-10 = -10
Since both sides of the equation are equal, then Y is indeed equal to -10.
Hope this helps :3
Math - Nicole, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 4:29pm
I don't have to make it positive?
Math - Jai, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 5:12pm
No, you don't have to.
30 / 3 = 10
Here, 10 is positive because both 30 and 3 are positive.
30 / -3 = -10
While here, one of them is negative so the answer must also be negative.
*Note that if however, both 30 and 3 are negative, the answer is positive.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Just checking Math-Absolute Value - The equation for "the distance from x to -4 ...
- math - can anyone help with this? suppose you bought some 32 cents stamps and ...
- math - how do you write an equation and state what the variable n represnts. 54...
- Algebra - The equation is 5= -z - 3 Why is the answer -8 and not just positive 8...
- Algebra - How can you tell an equation's real or imaginary roots just from its ...
- Math - Solve the equation for d 0.2(d-6)=0.3d+5-3+0.1d I had d=-16 Work: 1. ...
- precalc - does anyone know the general form equation of a circle with a center (...
- Algebra 2 - Use the following equation to perform the operations below (do not ...
- Math - These questions that I have completed are on a test review for my exam ...
- Math(Please check answers) - These questions that I have completed are on a ...