Posted by Nawaf on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 2:04pm.
Solve did you use an estimate or an exact answer?
1/people donated 124 books to the library last month and 139 books this month. How many books were donated in this period?
2/The library has 387DVDs in its collection. A total of 154DVDs are currently on loan topatrons. To the nearest hundred, how many DVDs are left in the library?
3/Doug owes 75sc for one overdue library book and s1.10 for another. How much does he owe the library?
- Math grade 3 - Nnuh, Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 2:48pm
Please , put the answer
- Math grade 3 - Steve, Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 4:56pm
got any ideas?
I'll do #1.
124+139 = 263 books in all
- Math grade 3 - Nana, Monday, October 28, 2013 at 9:09am
Hi Nawaf, I think I got this:
2) there are 387 Dvds and 154 Dvds are on loan. So that means 387 minus 154 will be the amount still left. so lets do it.
But we have to put it to the nearest hundred. So
200 are left, to the nearest hundred
3) For number 3, there is not enough information, therefore it is not possible to get the answer. Nawaf, did you happen to forget the write the amount of books he has due? Because if you just say that one overdue library book is 75sc and s1.10 for another, I need to have more information.
Hope this helps!
- Math grade 3 - Monica, Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 4:40am
Doug owes75c for overdue library book and $1.10 for another.How much does he owe the library?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - A library opens with a collection of 300 books. During the first week ...
- Maths Please help - A library opens with a collection of 300 books. During the ...
- Maths Ms sue - A library opens with a collection of 300 books. During the first...
- Math Question - A company donated 200 books to a local library. If 70 of them ...
- math - 126 books were donated to the school. there are seven classes and each ...
- Math - The number of library books in a school increased by 20% after it bought...
- Math - The number of library books in a school increased by 20% after it bought ...
- algebra - John has 36 books in his locker. He has text books,library books, and ...
- math - MEghan had 36 books in her locker. Some were library books, text books ...
- English - 1. We should not scribble in books in the library. 2. We should not ...