Posted by Nicole on Friday, October 25, 2013 at 4:21pm.
Plato, a Greek philosopher who lived from 427BC to 347BC, famously wrote that, "Necessity is the mother of inventions." Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
My response was, " I agree with this statement because most of the inventions from the 1800s and in todays generation was/are an necessity.
However, my question is, "Which of the inventions we covered today supports your response to whether, "Necessity is the mother of invention." Explain your response and in doing so.
Note: The inventions I learned today were: Light bulb
Gas powered automobiles
and Ford's Model T
I started my response as, "The inventions we covered today supports my response to question 1 are the light bulb, and telegraph.
However I do not know if any other inventions are a necessity, and if not then why is the light bulb and telegraph a necessity.
- History/Economics..PLEASE HELP!! - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 25, 2013 at 4:43pm
I don't count any of those are necessities.
What we absolutely need in life is food, water, shelter, and in some climates, clothing.
- History/Economics..PLEASE HELP!! - Nicole, Friday, October 25, 2013 at 4:45pm
Yes, but we are talking about inventions of technology not items and all that.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History/Economics - Plato, a Greek philosopher who lived from 427 BC to 347BC, ...
- greek philosophy and history - Who thought that the governments should be headed...
- Philosophy - can someone explain what this teacher wants me to do, do I put and ...
- Literature - lives and works of: a. two ancient and classical greek writers b. ...
- World History - Need help with these: 21. English philosopher who believed all ...
- greek philosophy and history - Who among the Greek philosophers would be the ...
- greek philosophy and history - This first historian was the author of the "...
- political science - Critically evaluate plato's justification of rule by ...
- us history - In some ways modern secular culture today can be described as "...
- history - i need to come up with 5 modern day, living people who would agree ...