Posted by Mariek on Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 5:29am.
Hello, I am french and I have some english homework for tomorrow, Can you correct my English please ?
During the Victorian era, the middle class growth quickly. Moreover, the social divide was very important ( To illustrate this gap, the underworld was characterized by child labour who hardly exist in the ruling class ) so political and social reforms were created to bridge the gap. For example, the Reform Act created in 1832 helped the democracy through the right to vote : it extended the franchise to include those who did not own landed property. Furthermore, concerning the right to vote, many women's activist supported feminism.
British Empire was the foremost global power at this time. Actually, it was the greatest empire the world has ever seen. Personal and material success were very common. The industrial revolution has a major role in this phenomenon : discoveries ( scientific discoveries like Darwin's origin of species, in medicine, in the railway system, in the coal mines... ), rational improvements, cultural and architectural diversity contributed to the growth of the UK. Among cultural progress,
we can mentioned fantasy, gothic, detective, realism, romanticism, symbolism and mysticism as current notions or literary genres. A very famous book was Wuthering Heights written by Emily Brontë in 1847. There were also other writers such as Oscar Wilde with his book the Picture of Dorian Gray.
At this time, Great-Britain depicted wildness, loneliness and individualism. There were also many common beliefs : To British people, someone who knew a material success was someone who had a stable moral life, the underprivileged and the destitute were not educated to belong to the world, predestination and dark powers were real facts ...
English - Anonymous, Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 12:38pm
1. the middle class GREW quickly.
Growth is a verb, but you need to describe the tense.
2. Make this two different sentences and change the tense- "Moreover, the social divide was very important. To illustrate this gap, the underworld was characterized by child labour who hardly EXISTED in the ruling class, so political and social reforms were created to bridge the gap.
3. THE British Empire...
There are more mistakes similar to these in your essay, so try revising them again and then post. Good luck!
English - Writeacher, Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 1:31pm
1. Anonymous (whoever that is!) is right that the word needs to be "grew" instead of "growth," but because you need the past tense of the verb form "to grow." The word "growth," however, is a noun, not a verb.
2. Anonymous is mostly right about this suggestion, too, except that "child labour" is not a person, so the word following it should be "which," not "who."
In this clause -- "many women's activist supported feminism" -- be sure to use the plural form "activists" (not "activist" which is singular).
I don't understand this part. Do you intend to start a new paragraph here? Or what?
"Among cultural progress, we can mentioned fantasy, gothic, detective, realism, romanticism, symbolism and mysticism as current notions or literary genres."
(The verb should be "can mention" -- no -ed needed since it's not a past tense.)
Keep working on verbs and their forms. I know they're not easy, but, as when anyone studies French or any other language, verb errors are those that stand out the most.
English - Anonymous, Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 1:49pm
Oops! Growth is a noun, I didn't take enough time to look at that word.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much. So the sentence should be: 1) Briefly outline the...
- english - Hello! I am a senior student who lives in Paris, therefore English is ...
- English - 1. Hello. May I speak to Tom? Speaking. Who's this? Hi,Tom. This is ...
- English-teaching - Hello! Do you have any ideas on what to give to the rest of ...
- Social Studies Homework (About USA And Canada) - I need help with one question ...
- french french from Anonymous to SraJMcGin - could u please give me some french ...
- Social Studies - Create a newspaper that reflects life and times during the ...
- English - Three very last questions for you. Thank you very much. (I made a few ...
- English 4 - Victorian era and Victorian England are the same ?
- English Writing - Please bring something interesting to share with the class ...