Posted by Paul on Monday, October 21, 2013 at 12:51pm.
In mitosis, if a cell has 4 chromosomes in prophase, how many chromosomes will this cell have in metaphase?
a. 64 b. 32 c. 16 d. 8 e. 4
If a cell has 20 chromosomes in G1, how many chromatids will be present during prophase?
a. 30 b. 20 c. 5 d. 40
Which of the following statements is incorrect about homologous chromosomes?
a. Homologous chromosomes are similar but not identical
b. Homologous chromosomes have the same size and function
c. Homologous chromosomes contain genes for the same kind of protein products
d. Homologous chromosomes cannot be duplicated
When a human cell undergoes meiosis, the resulting daughter cells
a. Are diploid
b. Have identical genes
c. Differ in their genetic combinations
d. Have genes identical to the parental cells
Fertilization of a sperm and an egg results in the formation of a _________
a. Diploid cell
c. Cell with a new genetic combination
d. All of the above
e. Both a and b
During crossing over in meiosis I, homologous chromosomes
a. Separate and migrate toward opposite ends
b. Exchange segments of DNA
c. Condense and separate
d. Line up at the metaphase plate
Which of the following cells contains two sets of chromosomes (i.e. diploid cell)?
a. Zygote b. Gamete c. Sperm cell d. Egg cell e. Spermatid
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - Which of the following cells check for during the G2 check point? a. ...
- biology - In mitosis, what is the size of a daughter cell relative to the size ...
- Biology - Ferrets have 40 chromosomes in each heart cell. There are ___ ...
- Biology - 1. Ferrets have 40 chromosomes in each heart cell. There are ____ ...
- science - The somatic cells of a dog contain 78 chromosomes. Which of these is ...
- Biology - Male donkeys have 62 chromosomes in an eye cell. How many chromosomes ...
- biology - rana pipiens, a species of frog, has a diploid chromosome number of 26...
- Biology - If there are two sets of 21 chromosomes in a rats lung cell, how many...
- Biology - If there are two sets of 21 chromosomes in a rat's lung cell, how many...
- Biology, Cell Division - With each cell division , the chromosomes are divided ...