Posted by milly on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 7:25pm.
naomi macy and sebastian have 234 stamps in all. naomi gives 16 stamps to macy and 24 stamps to sebastian. naomi then has 3 times as many stamps as macy, and macy has twice as many stamps as sebastian. how many stamps does naomi have at first?
- math - Reiny, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 7:46pm
Is the caplock key stuck on your keyboard?
Naomi --- x
Macy ---- y
Sebastian -- 234 -x - y
After the giving:
Naomi --- x-16 - 24
Macy --- y + 16
Sebastian --- 234-x-t + 24
x-16-24 = 3(y+16) ---> x - 3y = 88
y+16 = 2(234-x-y+24) --> 2x + 3y = 500
3x = 588
x = 196
then in x-3y=88
y = 36
Naomi had 196
Macy had 36
Sebastian had 2
- math - launia, Monday, October 20, 2014 at 7:00am
- math - Lianna, Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 12:58am
- math - Angie, Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 3:29pm
Umm I have this I 5th grade can you solve it in a easier way?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - How can I show a bar model for this problem? Naomi Macy and Sebastian ...
- Algebra - a colection of stamps consist of 2 cent stamps, 8 cent stamps, and 14 ...
- Math please help - Carol has a collection of 100 stamps the graph below shows ...
- algebra - An executive bought 300 stamps for $73.80. The purchase included 15 ...
- nath - Lucy has 80 foreign stamps and 128 Philippine stamps. She seperates the ...
- Math - Carol has a collection of 100 stamps. The graph below shows the ...
- Maths Pri 5 - The number of S's stamps is 30% of D's stamps. The number of D's ...
- 8th grade Algebra - Carol has a collection of 100 stamps the graph below shows ...
- Algebra - A stamp collection consists of 3¢, 12¢, and 15¢ stamps. The number of ...
- math - Sam had a total of 80 foreign stamps and local stamps combined. After ...