Posted by Cassie on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 2:37pm.
4. Which of the following sentences contains a comma splice?
A.The kitten climbed the drapes, it couldn't figure out how to get down.
B.The cruise ship docked on Oahu, then again on Maui.
C.We need help with organization, structure, and spelling.
D.Our friend, who travelled from Tennessee, was quite tired when he arrived.
I picked A, because these are two independent sentences that could stand alone. They do not require a comma between them. Is my thinking correct?
- english - Writeacher, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 2:41pm
What punctuation SHOULD be used, do you think?
- english - Cassie, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 2:46pm
A period, if the sentences were separated. However, you could use a semicolon to demonstrate the close relationship.
- english - Writeacher, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 2:48pm
Exactly right, on both!!
- english - Anna, Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 9:54am
Which one of the following sentences is correctly punctuated?
A. Look up, look down, and look all around?
B. Smile when you say that, Partner?
C. When will the winter end?
D. Look at me, then say what you have to say?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Basic English - 9. Which of the following sentences contains a comma splice? A. ...
- english - Q3. Identify whether the word groups are fused sentence, comma splice ...
- english - Q1. Identify whether the word groups are fused sentence, comma splice ...
- Math - So the question is basically asking which mountains peaks can be seen ...
- English - 1. Get off the ship. 2. Get out the ship 3. Get down the ship. 4. Get ...
- English - Two sentences joined together with a coordinating conjunction and a ...
- Grammar - There is a tube overlying the pelvis in the midline, degenerative ...
- english - We swam for two days, and we were tired. please I need this sentence ...
- Comma Splice - How do you rewrite the folliwng using a comma splice? ***Dr. ...
- grammar - 2. The patient was brought to the operating room, general endotracheal...