Posted by jason on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 7:56pm.
Find the inverse of each of these functions
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 10:01pm
x =2y/5 -y
5x = 2y -5y
5x = -3y
F(x) = -5x/3
- correction - math - Reiny, Friday, October 18, 2013 at 12:12am
if f(x) = x/(x+2) , then y = x/(x+2)
step1: interchange the x and y variables to get the inverse as
x = y/(y+2)
step 2: solve this new equation for y
x = y/(y+2)
xy + 2x = y
xy - y = -2x
y(x-1) = -2x
y = -2x/(x-1) or y = 2x/(1-x)
f^-1 (x) = 2x/(1-x)
now do the same for others following these two steps.
Answer this Question
- Math - Inverse Functions - Find the inverses of the following functions. y = 3(x...
- math - consider the functions f(x)=x^3-2 and g(x)=3 sqrt x+2: a. find f(g(x)) b...
- Advanced Algebra - What is the inverse of each of the functions defined by the ...
- Algebra - How do you find the inverse of functions? for example how would you ...
- graph! - how can the graph of f(x)= X^2-4X be used to obtain the graph of y=g(x...
- Math - If f and g are inverse functions, f (7) =10 and f (10) = −1 , find ...
- Pre-Calculus - Find the inverse function for the function f(x)=2^(x)+1/2^(x)-1 ...
- Algebra - Given the functions f(x)=x+5/3 and g(x)=1/f^-1(x)+1, find the value ...
- End behavior models - Thanks for the help with my previous problems Roger & Leo...
- math(functions) - Find the inverse of f for which f is defined as f:x-(2x minus ...