Posted by Taylor on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:44pm.
make sure to calculate the discount price first and then calculate the tax round to the nearest penny
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:49pm
What do YOU think you should do?
- math - Taylor, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:50pm
idk i am really lost is it 77.56 idk can you please help me
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:51pm
Yay! You are absolutely right. The final cost is $77.56
- math - Taylor, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:54pm
- math - John , Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:54pm
We need a 17% discount. We need a 5% discount as well. These discounts are on something valued at $89.
If you have a 17% discount, it means you get 100/100 - 17/100 = 83/100 off the original price.
In the same way, if you have a 5% discount, it means you have a 100/100 - 5/100 = 95/100 off the original price.
Combining these together, you multiply 83/100 * 95/100 * 89 dollars.
What is this equal to?
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:55pm
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:59pm
John -- The 5% is not a discount but a tax.
- math - John , Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 6:01pm
Oh right, I'm sorry.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math :( - Can someone plz explain how to do this math project, Plz give me some ...
- 7th grade math - 1. Price of the dolls: $12.99 A. Price of the dolls with a 5% ...
- 7th grade math help Ms. Sue quick please - HELLPPP ME PLEASE I ONLY KNOW THE ...
- Math - A computer was purchased at a sale at a discount of 15%. If $688.50 was ...
- Sales Tax - A video games price was 90$. The store offered 10% discount. How ...
- Math !... - Hi, Can You Please Help Me? What is the amount of sales tax owed on ...
- maths - find the price you will be paying for each item kite:$20 tax:7% books:$...
- Math - At a certain store, employees may buy clothing at a 20% discount from the...
- economics - Calculate the mid-point elasticity of demand. The online bookseller ...
- math - sales tax directions: find the total cost or sale price to the nearest ...