Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 3:50pm.
The current density of an ideal p-n junction under illumination can be described by:
where Jph is the photo-current density, J0 the saturation-current density, q the elementary charge, V the voltage, k the Boltzmann's constant, and T the temperature.
A crystalline silicon solar cell generates a photo-current density of Jph=40mA/cm2 at T=300K. The saturation-current density is J0=1.95∗10−10mA/cm2.
Assuming that the solar cell behaves as an ideal p-n junction, calculate the open-circuit voltage Voc (in V).
Solar Energy Help ASAP - bobpursley, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 4:21pm
If it is open circuit, then J(v)=0
Take the ln of each side
Voc=T/q *ln(Jph/Jo )
Solar Energy Help ASAP - Anon, Friday, October 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
0.674 can someone help with the others quetion? Q4 5 6 7?
Solar Energy Help ASAP - Anonymous, Sunday, October 5, 2014 at 4:31pm
voc= kt/q * jph/jo + 1
Solar Energy Help ASAP - patel k k, Monday, September 21, 2015 at 3:07am
Solar Energy Help ASAP - MANIRAGUHA Eric, Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 7:48am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ET3034TUx Solar Energy - The current density of an ideal p-n junction under ...
- Physics - The current density of an ideal p-n junction under illumination can be...
- Solar Energy please help - Solar simulators are used to study the performance of...
- Solar Energy Please Help - The figure below presents the EQE of a triple ...
- TRIPLE JUNCTION SOLAR CELL - I - The figure below presents the EQE of a triple ...
- Homework Help: Solar Energy Please HelpASAP - d) In the up-convertor 1, two ...
- Solar - Greeting All, please assist with the below. Thanks. The spectral power ...
- Solar Energy Please Help - Figure 1 shows a simplication of the AM1.5 solar ...
- Physics - Two infinitely long slits, S1 and S2, each of width d=0.1 cm are used ...
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - John has used a solar simulator setup to measure the ...