Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 3:47pm.
In the figure below the absorption coefficient as a function of the wavelength for several semiconductor materials is presented. Let's consider monochromatic light of photons with energy of Eph=1.55eV that incidents a film with thickness d. If we ignore possible reflection losses at the rear and front interfaces of the film, what thickness d (in μm) is required to achieve a light absorption of 90%?
UPDATE: Since it was very difficult to accurately read off the absorption coefficient values from the graph above, we have chosen to provide you with these values. The absorption coefficients for the different semiconductor materials at α(800nm) are:
The thickness d (in μm) required to achieve a light absorption of 90% is:
1) For GaAs
2) For InP
3) For Ge
4) For Si
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - kv, Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:03pm
I am also stuck at that question and can not solve it ... if you have the answer or at least some clue how can I solve it - please share!
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - a, Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 3:28pm
users . encs. concordia. ca/~mojtaba/ ELEC425- assignment4- solutions . pdf
edit the spaces
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - Anonymous, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 9:51am
Can you please just give out the answers.. thanx!!
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - Anonymous, Monday, October 21, 2013 at 2:09am
please help in this q?
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - insha, Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 2:00pm
i am also stuck plz help
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - Sason, Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 7:20pm
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - I.G., Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 3:11am
I think 1.51, not 1.15
- Solar Energy Help ASAP - I.G., Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 3:12am
I think 1.51, not 1.15
Answer this Question
Solar Energy Help ASAP - Let's assume that solar light reaches a silicon solar ...
to ms.sue- science project part 1 - Please select one of the four solar-energy-...
Solar Energy Help ASAP - A solar cell with dimensions 12cm x 12cm is illuminated...
Physics - Solar heating takes advantage of solar collectors such as the type ...
Biology Photo efficency - How do you calculate the photosynthetic efficiency .....
English - A: What do you think of a solar house. 1. I think the solar house ...
Science - Which 6 are energy from sunlight?? nuclear energy,geothermal energy,...
Physical Science - What is the apparent contradiction in the statement that "...
SCIENCE PLZZ HELP - Which 6 are energy from sunlight?? nuclear energy,...
English - Why is the future of solar energy bright? 1. Every year, solar cells ...