Posted by anonymous on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 7:48pm.
Cell phones were first invented in the early 1970s by Martin Cooper, "vice-president" of the Motorola company, and they were so large they were called “The Brick.” (1 point)
This area of the country contains six very small states, including "Maine, Vermont, and Rhode Island". (1 point)
Ecotourism asks tourists to work hard and learn skills of "construction and agriculture" in order to help communities thrive and improve. (1 point)
Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence.
Simon preferred "listening to music" as he did his homework. (1 point)
The sea shells, "having been worn smooth by the constant tide", looked incredibly beautiful. (1 point)
Identify the correct answer.
A customer who has come to the store to browse will most likely (1 point)
rush through the aisles.
stroll to see what is new and interesting.
buy the one item he/she came looking for.
avoid any of the items on clearance.
A stain on the floor that is rather noticeable would be (1 point)
hard to see
What would a promoter do for a boxing match? (1 point)
referee the fight
train the boxers
A synopsis of a novel focuses on (1 point)
the main points of the story.
the point of view of the story.
the setting of the story.
the primary conflict in the story.
quotation marks are the italicized words
my answers are 9. c
- english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 7:55pm
10, 11, 13 are wrong.
I checked 14 through 17 in an earlier post.
- english - anonymous, Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:23pm
- english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:28pm
10. No. What are those names in quotation marks?
13. No. Go back and review your book about gerund, prepositional and participial phrases.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 9. Cell phones were first invented in the early 1970s by Martin Cooper, ...
- Math - It takes a company 4hrs to build 1,300 cell phones. If the company ...
- computer studies - the use of cell phones impove productivity? How people van ...
- Math - A company selling cell phones has a total inventor of 800 phones. Of ...
- Math - It takes a company 4 hours to build 1,300 cell phones. If the company ...
- college algebra - suppose the revenue in dollars from selling x cell phones is R...
- math - 75% of teenagers own cell phones and ofthose who own cell phones, 87% use...
- statistics - A manufacturer of cell phones has decided that an assembly line ...
- Alegbra - The cost of producing cell phones is represented as C=mx+b, where m is...
- Algebra - The cost of producing cell phones is represented as C=mx+b, where m is...