Posted by mdan on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:05am.
The Number Two Plumbing Co. charges $45 per hour plus a fixed service call charge of $65. Write an equation that will allow you to compute the total bill for any number of hours, x, that it takes to complete a job.
A. C = 45x + 65
B. C = 65x + 45
C. 65x + 45C = 0
D. 45x + 65C = 0
A business purchases a copier for $5,500 and anticipates it will be worth $2,500 after 10 years. Use straight-line depreciation to find a linear model for the depreciated value V of the copy machine after t years of use.
A. V = -5,500 + 300t
B. V = 300 - 5500t
C. V = -300 + 5500t
D. V = 5,500 - 300t
maths - Steve, Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:09am
#1. Since there is a fixed charge of $65, you know that there will be a "...+65" in the solution. That leaves only (A)
#2 Since the value starts at $5500, you know the solution will have "5500-..." in it. That leaves only (D)
See whether you can justify the rest of the solution.
maths - Kelsi, Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:13am
A for the 1st one, 45 dollars per hour, x, is 45x. The fixed-service is a one-time thing so it's c = 45x + 65.The 2nd one is D. The original cost of the copier is 5,500. 5500-2500 = 3000. This is the cost reduction over the ten years. 3000/10 is 300: The amount it gets reduced by every year. For D, when you plug in 10, you get 2,500.
maths - mdan, Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:22am
thanks much Steve and Kelsi
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Apex Plumbing charges a trip fee of $55 plus $15 for each quarter hour of...
- Math - Manny is a plumber and charges $50 when he visits a client and $30 per ...
- Math - Randolph runs a home appliance repair business and charges a service call...
- math - You have just received advertisements from 2 companies in your area: ...
- math - A plumber charges a flat $50 for a home service call plus $10 per 15 ...
- computer science - Internet Service Provider An Internet service provider has ...
- Algebra - Al¡¦s Rentals charges $25.00 per hour to rent a sailboard and a wet ...
- math - a plumber charges $25 for service call plus $50 per hour what is the cost...
- computer science - An Internet service provider has three different subscription...
- math - Break-Even Analysis and Cost Analysis: As a first-time homeowner, there ...