Posted by Margaret on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 8:13am.
A 2.5 kg block sits on an inclined plane with a 30 degree inclination. A light cord attached to the block passes up over a light frictionless pulley at the top of the plane and is tied to a second 2.5 kg mass freely hanging vertically. The coefficients of static and kinetic friction between the block and the plane are 0.5 and 0.3. When released from rest find: the acceleration of the blocks, the tension in the string, Explain why the tension supporting the hanging block is not equal to its weight and find the time for the block on the inclined plane to travel 0.5m up the plane. And find the minimum angle of inclination at which the block on the plane will remain at rest.
- Physics - Elena, Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:33pm
Coefficient of the kinetic friction
Coefficient of the static friction
μ ₂ =0.5
m₁= 2.5 kg, m₂=2.5 kg
m₁a= T- m₁gsinα- F(fr)
m₂a= m₂g- T
sum of (1) and (3):
a(m₁+m₂)=T- m₁gsinα -F(fr)- T+ m₂g=
= m₂g- m₁gsinα - μ₁m₁gcosα .
a=g(m₂-m₁sinα - μ₁m₁cosα)/(m₁+m₂) =
0= T- m₁gsinα- F(fr)
0= m₂g - T
0= T- m₁gsinα- F(fr)+ m₂g- T =
= m₂g- m₁gsinα- μ₂m₁gcosα
Solve for α
Answer this Question
- Physics - A 3.3 kg wooden block is placed on 22 degree inclined plane and is ...
- physics - A 3.3 kg wooden block is placed on 22 degree inclined plane and is ...
- physics - The two blocks in the sketch are connected by a light cord over a ...
- Physics - A block P of mass 2.75 kg is lying on a rough inclined plane of angle...
- Physics - Newtons laws - A block (mass m1 = 8kg) is moving on an inclined plane...
- physics - Two blocks are connected by a string over a frictionless, massless ...
- physics - A block of mass m1 = 13.5 kg rests on a wedge of angle θ = 27...
- PHYSICS - A block of mass m1 = 28 kg rests on a wedge of angle θ = 53∘...
- Physics - A block of mass m1 = 28 kg rests on a wedge of angle θ = 53∘...
- physics - A block of mass m1 = 28 kg rests on a wedge of angle θ = 53∘...