Posted by Steve on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 1:58am.
Which of the triangles described in the table is a right triangle?
side 1 side 2 side3
q 25 20 15
r 26 20 46
s 25 20 1025
t 25 26 650
I think that it is R
- Algebra - Swaastikaa, Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:04am
The answer is S.
A right angle triangle follows Theorem Phytagoras rule. The sum of squares of 2 sides = length of the 3rd side
For S, 25^2 + 20^2 = 1025
- Algebra - Steve, Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:26am
Not quite. sum of squares is the square of the 3ed side.
We all know of the 3-4-5 triangle.
Scale that up by a factor of 5 and you get a 15-20-25 triangle. (q)
(s) and (t) are just way off. We know that for any triangle, each side is less than the sum of the other two.
- Algebra - Swaastikaa, Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:12am
Square of the 3rd side is the hypothenuse.
If we square root 1025, we'll get 5sqrt(41).
5sqrt(41) - 20^2 = 625 = 25^2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - which of the triangles described in the table is a right triangle? ...
- Math help! - Which of the triangles described in the table is a right triangle. ...
- Math - Which of the triangles described in the table is a right triangle? ...
- MATH MS.SUE HELP PLEASE! - Could somebody help me I don't understand any of this...
- Math Help - The triangles are similar. Find the value of x. The triangles are ...
- Math Help!!! - please check my answers 1. Find the length of the hypotenuse of a...
- Math Help - Use a proportion to find the length of side x for the pair of smilar...
- maths - anyone can help me with this question plz .how u find the angle between ...
- Math(trigonometry) - Data: á = 32 degrees, side a = 2.5 feet and side b = 4 feet...
- Math - If all of the following triangles have the same perimeter, which has the ...