Posted by ashley on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 12:18am.
1. Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated?
A. The local police asked the F.B.I. to assist with the case.
(B). Mr. Jones visited the YMCA before becoming a member.
C. Mary remembered to buy milk didn't she?
D. The company held it's annual party at the convention center.
2. Which sentence uses the passive voice?
(A). The tree was planted by Mary.
B. Lies destroy friendship.
C. The rain continued until dawn.
D. John searched for a job.
3. What is the simple subject in this sentence?
The Saturn rocket made travel to the moon possible.
4. In which of these sentences are quotation marks used incorrectly?
A. "I could not believe she said, 'I never worry,'" Kate muttered.
B. Raising her hand in warning, she said, "Be gone, you wicked spirit."
(C.) "What can you possibly mean by that"! she stormed.
D. "Neither a lender nor a borrower be," he said
5. Each one of the following sentences contains a clause. In which sentence is the clause used as an
A. All of the delegates who have actual opinions should keep silent.
B. Whales, which eat krill, prefer colder ocean waters.
(C.) I do not mind fishing, as long as I don't have to bait the hook.
D. What you really need is a back massage.
6. Which sentence contains italicized words that are used as an infinitive phrase?
A. Jane parked her car (behind a truck).
B. Tom went there (for some flour.)
(C.) Mark wanted (to go), but not today.
D. Kelly went to (the grocery store).
7. Identify the sentence that contains a noun clause in italics.
A. (When should Betty) harvest the corn?
B. Betty would like (to harvest the corn).
C. Betty wants (to harvest the corn).
(D.) (What Betty wants) is to harvest the corn.
8. Which of the following is a compound sentence?
A. Kim will take her daughter shopping when she learns to behave in public.
B. We found our way home without a map.(C.) Sue gave Jim a new racket, and he left for the tennis courts.
D. Rain and heavy winds caused damage along the coast.
9. How could you combine the following two sentences into a complex sentence with a dependent
The boy wore a green coat. He carried his sister home.
A. The boy carried home his sister's green coat.
(B.) The boy wore a green coat, and he carried his sister home.
C. The boy wore a green coat; he carried his sister home.
D. The boy who wore a green coat carried his sister home.
10.Which one of the following sentences fails to follow parallel construction?
(A.) I want nothing more than excellent quality, attention to detail, and a person who knows what they want in life.
B. I would be surprised if Jacob's essay does not demonstrate critical thought, careful analysis, and exhaustive research.
C. Not only was Landers funny, she was charming, witty, and wise.
D. It was a fine but extremely boring lecture.
Are these correct? if not please tell me :D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated? A. The ...
- english - Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated? A. The local...
- english - 19. Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated? A. Mary ...
- Eng - Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated? A. the company ...
- Grammar - 1. Select the sentence which is correctly punctuated: A) The patient ...
- English - Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly? A. Melissa ...
- Grammar - 1. Select the sentence which is correctly punctuated: A) He has 2 ...
- Grammar - If the quotation is punctuated correctly in the following sentences, ...
- English - Which of the sentences below is punctuated correctly? A.I have visited...
- LA-check my answers - A factory might emit pollution.*** smokestacks. resources...