Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 3:42pm.
Which of the following words is an antonym for scorned?
d. approve of
Which sentence includes an adverbial phrase?
a. The weight of an American Mastiff can be up to 160 pounds.
b. Xun lives in the mountainous region of Central Asia.
c. The tallest living man, Bao Xishun, lives in China.
d. The smallest human bone, the stapes, is located in your ear.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:01pm
1 is wrong.
2 is correct. However, b and d also have adverbial phrases.
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:03pm
2. My quiz only has one correct answer.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:09pm
Your quiz is wrong.
Here are the adverbial phrases:
b. in the mountainous region >> modifies the verb, lives; tells where.
c. in China >> modifies the verb lives; tells where.
d. in your ear >> modifies the verb is located; tells where.
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:35pm
Okay... so is 1 right?
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 4:50pm
Yes. 1 is D.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - 2) Which of the following phrases is not an adverbial phrase in ...
- english - Identify the underlined words in each sentence. 7. (Because chickens ...
- english - 1. Read the following sentence. The cars passing by are filled with ...
- college - Write a sentence of at least 150 words—no substituting semicolons or ...
- Reading - Choose the option that correctly identifies the words in () in each ...
- Language Arts - I just need someone to double check my work. :) Here are my ...
- english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...
- Help me, plz - This is my last question(s) of the day. [Singing loudly in the ...
- Language Arts~! - * Trying to laugh as quietly as possible,* Lucas snuck out of...
- Language Arts - * Trying to laugh as quietly as possible,* Lucas snuck out of ...