Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:41pm.
Which of the following statements about radioactive dating is true?
a. Radioactive decay is the rate at which new atoms form.
b. During radioactive decay, atoms break down, releasing particles or energy.
c. The rate of decay of a radioactive element cannot be approximated.
d. The number of radioactive atoms in a sample will always remain constant.
Geologists use radioactive dating to:
a. determine the relative age of rock layers.
b. tell the difference between molds and casts.
c. tell where one soil horizon ends and the next one begins.
d. determine the absolute age of rocks.
If the half-life of a 20.0 g sample is known to be 24 minutes, how long will it take for only 5.0 grams of the sample to remain?
a. 6 minutes
b. 24 minutes
c. 48 minutes
d. 96 minutes
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Steve, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:48pm
looks good to me.
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Rainshine, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 6:55pm
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Emz, Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 3:57pm
- Science- Radioactive Dating - yo, Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:11pm
Emz answers are correct. I got a 5/5 100% A.
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Anonymous, Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 5:28am
EMZ Is correct, I got 4/4.
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Shawn Mendes is bae, Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:14am
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Avery, Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:31pm
- Science- Radioactive Dating - dathyjmn, Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 5:10pm
This is wrong
- Science- Radioactive Dating - dathyjmn, Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 5:11pm
nvm i wasn't
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 22, 2016 at 12:57pm
It is BDDC for the entire test now you all might want to eat my radioactive delicious green CRUSTY diarrhea.
- Science- Radioactive Dating - Me, Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 1:38pm
Ms. Sue how would you know that you diarrhea is delicious, you wouldhave tried it yourself.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - during radioactive decay atoms of a radioactive element break down and...
- science - Which statement best explains why dating geologic materials from the ...
- chem - a) Potassium-40 undergoes three different modes of radioactive decay (...
- science - radioactive decay occurs when atoms a) lose mass b) join with atoms of...
- Science-3 questions. - Which of the following best describes the climates of ...
- Science - Which of the following units are in order from smallest to largest? a...
- chem - Potassium-40 undergoes three different modes of radioactive decay (Beta ...
- Science - How are modern items made to look like ancient artifacts? (This is ...
- Science - Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely ...
- 8th Grade Earth Science Help? - Which of the following terms refers to the time ...