Posted by Alex on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:15pm.
Can you check these percent proportion problems?
1. 50 students got pizza at lunch. 20% of those got chocolate milk. How many students got chocolate milk?
50/n = 20/100
20n = 100*50
20n = 5000
n = 5000/20
n = 250 students
2. Mr. Ford has 45 fish in his aquarium. What is the number of blue fish if 40% of the fish are blue?
n/45 = 40/100
100n = 45*40
100n = 1800
n = 1800/100
n = 18 fish
3. In a survey 30 out of 40 people said they like carving pumpkins during all season. What is the percent of people who like to carve pumpkins?
30/40 = p/100
40p = 30*100
40p = 3000
p = 3000/40
p = 75%
4. In a dog park, 80% of the dogs were on leashes. If 20 dogs were on leashes, then how many dogs were in the park?
20/d = 80/100
80d = 20*100
80d = 2000
d = 2000/80
d = 25 dogs
1. Mr. Santana was buying some candy for his classes. When he went to buy some Crunch bars, he found 2 different packages:
3.6 oz for $1
11.5 oz for $2.50
Which is the better buy?
Answer: seems like it would 11.5oz because getting more in the bag. But, not sure how to put this is in a proportion.
- 6th grade math - Jai, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:24pm
1. You have to just multiply them, because it says 20% of those 50 students got milk, so
50 * 0.2 = 10 students
5. [Unit ratio]
What we'll do here is to get the cost per oz. Thus we divide $1 by 3.6 oz and $2.50 by 11.5 oz, then compare.
$1/3.6 = $0.278 / oz
$2.5/11.5 = $0.217 / oz
Thus the second option is better.
Hope this helps~ :3
- 6th grade math - Alex, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:36pm
Thanks!! Yes, this helps.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Can you please check my answers? Thank you! 18 out of 25 people love ...
- Math - Mrs.Ryan gave her class cupcakes. She gave half the class yellow, a third...
- math - Hazel is making chocolate milk. She added 1/4 cup chocolate syrup to 2/3 ...
- Math - Justine measures the milk in two different cartons. One carton contains 1...
- english - I had to rewrite this paragraph. Did I do it correctly? Excuse me. ...
- Math - 1. Write the fraction 8/9 as a percent. Round to the nearest hundredth of...
- math - If 14 out of 20 people like chocolate milk, what percent of the people do...
- Math Probability - a bag of hershey miniatures candies contain 18 milk ...
- geometry - Denise poured milk into a glass shaped like a right circular cylinder...
- Great News!!! :) (for teachers!!!) - GOT A 102 ON FACS SPELLING TEST GOT 100 ON...