Posted by Alex on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:15pm.
Can you check these percent proportion problems?
1. 50 students got pizza at lunch. 20% of those got chocolate milk. How many students got chocolate milk?
50/n = 20/100
20n = 100*50
20n = 5000
n = 5000/20
n = 250 students
2. Mr. Ford has 45 fish in his aquarium. What is the number of blue fish if 40% of the fish are blue?
n/45 = 40/100
100n = 45*40
100n = 1800
n = 1800/100
n = 18 fish
3. In a survey 30 out of 40 people said they like carving pumpkins during all season. What is the percent of people who like to carve pumpkins?
30/40 = p/100
40p = 30*100
40p = 3000
p = 3000/40
p = 75%
4. In a dog park, 80% of the dogs were on leashes. If 20 dogs were on leashes, then how many dogs were in the park?
20/d = 80/100
80d = 20*100
80d = 2000
d = 2000/80
d = 25 dogs
1. Mr. Santana was buying some candy for his classes. When he went to buy some Crunch bars, he found 2 different packages:
3.6 oz for $1
11.5 oz for $2.50
Which is the better buy?
Answer: seems like it would 11.5oz because getting more in the bag. But, not sure how to put this is in a proportion.
- 6th grade math - Jai, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:24pm
1. You have to just multiply them, because it says 20% of those 50 students got milk, so
50 * 0.2 = 10 students
5. [Unit ratio]
What we'll do here is to get the cost per oz. Thus we divide $1 by 3.6 oz and $2.50 by 11.5 oz, then compare.
$1/3.6 = $0.278 / oz
$2.5/11.5 = $0.217 / oz
Thus the second option is better.
Hope this helps~ :3
- 6th grade math - Alex, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:36pm
Thanks!! Yes, this helps.
Answer this Question
math - the chess club has 55 members 22 of them are in 6th grade what percent of...
6th grade - Marco tosses two coins, a quarter and a nickel. Write a proportion ...
Math - average grade - Does anyone know how to calculate average point grade? I ...
6th Grade Math - 76 is what percent of 15??????????????????
6th grade math - write the following number as a percent. 6 1/2
6th grade math - how do you change 0.009 into a percent
math - if 40 percent of my grade is at a 97 percent average and 40 percent of my...
6th grade math - write the following number as a percent. 1/200
math 6th grade - How to write an equation: Forty percent of a number,y, is 48.
6th grade math - the percent of all adults who take photographs is greater than ...