Posted by Jade on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:09pm.
This year, the sum of Mr. Bellini's age and his son's age is 38 years. 4 years ago, Mr. Bellini was 5 times as old as his son. How old is his son this year? How old is Mr. Bellini this year?
- math - Jai, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:14pm
Let x = son's age
Let 38-x = Mr. Bellini's age (since the sum of their ages must be equal to 38)
Set up the equation using the the second statement:
(38 - x) - 4 = 5(x - 4)
34 - x = 5x - 20
34 + 20 = 6x
54 = 6x
x = 9 years old (son's age)
38-x = 29 years old (Bellini's age)
Hope this helps~ :3
- thank you - Jade, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:27pm
Thanks for your help Jai. ;)
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:31pm
This question had been answered before
You should always check your previous post before reposting it again.
You made Jai do work which was not necessary.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - This year the Sum of Mr. Bellinis age and his son's age his son's age is ...
- Math - This year, the sum of Mr. Bellini's age and his son's age is 38 years. 4 ...
- math - This year, the sum of Mr. Bellini's age and his son's age is 38 years. 4 ...
- algerbra - mrs. johnson is 3 times as old as her son. ten years agoe she was 5 ...
- math - How old are they? I found this question online. Please help me understand...
- Math - I cant figure this out! Can someone please tell me were my mistake is...
- problems on age - 1. The sum of ages of father and son is 64 years. Father says ...
- Math - 1. The sum of ages of father and son is 64 years. Father says to son, “I ...
- math - Ten years ago,father was twelve times as old as his son and ten years ...
- Math - Six years hence a man 's age will be three times his son 's age and three...