Posted by Anonymous on Monday, October 7, 2013 at 7:43pm.
1). A square pyramid has a volume of 560 in to the third power, a base length of 10 in., and a height of 14 in. What is its base width?
2). h + p = 3(k-8)
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - Anonymous, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 7:43pm
My textbook states that the formula v = 1/3lwh relates the volume of a square pyramid to its base length l, width w, and height h. However, I am uncertain whether this information applies to this equation or not.
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - Reiny, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 8:00pm
of course it does
I noticed Ms Sue helped you with this already.
Why did you not follow her suggestion??
But more important:
You are told the base is a square,
if the length is 10
wouldn't the width be 10 also ??
(1/3)(10)(10)(14) = (1/3)(1400) ≠ 560^3
So your question has false data and is bogus.
2. what do you want done with this equation?
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - Anonymous, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 8:02pm
2). I suppose I am supposed to solve it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - A square pyramid has a volume of 560 in to the third power, a base ...
- geometry - A pyramid has a square base with sides length of b. The height of the...
- physics 1 - The base of a pyramid covers an area of 13.0 acres (1 acre = 43,560 ...
- math - according to the smithsonian institute, many of the original stones were ...
- Maths - The volume of a pyramid with a square base is given by the expression 1/...
- math - A truncated square pyramid (also known as a frustum) is an object ...
- PreCal - A square sheet of cardboard 18 inches is made into an open box (there ...
- MATH QUIZ PLS HELP!!! - 1.Find the lateral area of a cone with a radius of 7 ft...
- math - looking at a square pyramid, if the size of the base remains the same and...
- Math - Ira built a model of the great pyramid in Egypt for a school project. The...