Posted by Mary Ann on Monday, October 7, 2013 at 10:24am.
I need help I don't know how to solve this system
Solve the following system. Show all your work
- Algebra, help needed - Steve, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 12:03pm
what makes it especially difficult? You must have solved similar systems already.
2(1st)+(2nd) and 3(1st)-2(3rd):
5x - y = 27
5x + 2y = 6
Now it gets easier:
3y = -21
y = -7
x = 4
z = 2
- Algebra, help needed - Mary Ann, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 12:19pm
every time i try adding two equations that could make it simpler ex; by adding and crossing out variables. i just could never get it right and still have those three same variables thx for the help
- Algebra, help needed - Steve, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 12:27pm
Yeah, it takes a bit of practice. Look for LCMs to get rid of stuff. In this case, since 3*2=6, we had to take 3 times the 1st to get 6 and 2 times the 3rd to get 6.
Usually the errors come in watching the other coefficients. In the beginning, it helps to write everything down so details don't get lost.
- Algebra, help needed - kendra, Monday, October 7, 2013 at 6:31pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I need help I don't know how to solve this system Solve the following ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Solve using elimination method. If the system has no ...
- college algebra - Solve the following equation in the complex number system. ...
- college algebra - Solve the following equation in the real number system. Please...
- Math - 6x-4y=54 -9x+2y=-69 Which system would work best to solve? Please show ...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations and check your solution. x^2+y^2=25 x+2y...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- Math - Real number system - Solve the following equation in the real number ...
- college algebra--need help please!! - solve the equation in the real number ...
- algebra - Solve the system by graphing: In order to receive credit for this ...