Posted by Mary on Monday, October 7, 2013 at 9:53am.
I need help I don't know how to solve this system
Solve the following system. Show all your work
Algebra - Henry, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:05pm
Eq1: 3x-2y+2z = 30
Eq2: -x+3y-4z = -33
Eq3: 2x-4y+3z = 42
Multiply Eq1 by 2 and add Eq1 and Eq2:
6x-4y+4z = 60
-x+3y-4z = -33
Eq4:5x-y = 27 = Sum.
Multiply Eq2 by 3 and Eq3 by 4 and add Eq2 and Eq3:
-3x+9y-12z = -99
8x-16y+12z = 168
Eq5: 5x-7y = 69
Multiply Eq4 by -1 and add Eq4 and Eq5:
-5x+y = -27
+5x-7y = 69
Sum: -6y = 42
Y = -7
In Eq5, replace y with -7:
5x-7*-7 = 69
5x+49 = 69
X = 4
In Eq1, replace x with 4, y with -7 and
solve for z:
3*4-2*-7+2z = 30
12+14+2z = 30
2z = 30-26 = 4
Z = 2.
SOLUTION SET: X = 4, Y = -7, Z = 2.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra, help needed - I need help I don't know how to solve this system Solve ...
- Algebra - 7x + 5 = y 3.5x + 20 = y Solve the system of equations. What method ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Solve using elimination method. If the system has no ...
- college algebra - Solve the following equation in the complex number system. ...
- college algebra - Solve the following equation in the real number system. Please...
- Math - 6x-4y=54 -9x+2y=-69 Which system would work best to solve? Please show ...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations and check your solution. x^2+y^2=25 x+2y...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- Math - Real number system - Solve the following equation in the real number ...
- college algebra--need help please!! - solve the equation in the real number ...