Posted by Alex on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 1:13pm.
Can you check my answers please?
1. Convert 2 and 3/4 qts to pints.
1 qt = 2 pints (unit ratio = 2/1)
2 and 3/4 x 2/1
= 9/4 x 2/1
= 5 and 1/2 pints
2. A 40-foot power boat is for sale. How long is the boat to the nearest yard?
1 ft = 3yds (unit ratio = 1/3)
40 x 1/3
= 13 yds
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 1:15pm
Both are right.
- 6th Grade Math - PsyDAG, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 1:17pm
2. 40/3 = 13 1/3 yards
- 6th Grade Math - Alex, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 2:16pm
Thanks! Can you also check these?
1. Convert 18ft to yards
3ft = 1yd (unit ratio 1yd/3ft)
18ft x 1yd/3ft
= 18/3 yd
= 6 yds
2. Convert 2lb to ounces
1 lb = 16 oz (unit ratio 16oz/1lb)
2 lb x 16oz/1 lb
= 32 oz.
3. Convert 2miles to feet
1 mi = 5280 ft (unit ratio 5280ft/1mi)
= 2mi X 5280ft/1mi
4. Convert 5000lb to tons
1 T = 2000lbs (unit ratio 1T/2000lbs)
= 5000lb x 1T/2000lb
= 5/2 = 2 and 1/2 Tons
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 2:20pm
All are right. :-)
- 6th Grade Math - Alex, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:03pm
Thanks again!! Last question, promise (at least for today :-).. Forgot to include this one:
A 3lb pork loin can be cut into 10 pork chops of equal weight. How many ounces in each pork chop?
1 lb = 16oz (unit ratio 16oz/1lb)
3lbs x 16oz/1lb = 48 oz
= 48oz/10 pork chops
= 4.8oz/pork chop
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:07pm
- 6th Grade Math - Alex, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:51pm
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:59pm
- 6th Grade Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 5:21pm
One of the largest pumpkins ever grown weighed about 3/4 ton. How many pounds did the pumpkin weigh?
- 6th Grade Math - Anne, Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 11:02pm
- 6th Grade Math - Issac , Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:40pm
Will a 2-quart pitcher hold the entire recipe of citrus punch given at the right explain your reasoning
- 6th Grade Math - can't say, Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 2:46pm
- 6th Grade Math - Unknown Voice, Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 5:36pm
The answer is 54
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - find out the ratio 3 quarts to 4 pints as a fraction in simplest form. ...
- math - A chemist has 80 pints of a 20% iodine solution. How many pints of iodine...
- math - Marinda made a drink that contained 2 pints of apple juice, 3 pints of ...
- Algebra please help answer - Gina's art teacher mixes 9 pints of yellow paint ...
- ratio and rates - Gina's art teacher mixes 9 pints of yellow paint with 6 pints ...
- Calculating Quarts from Pints in a Ratio Help - Can someone please explain the ...
- Math - Kelly makes fruit juice each morning. She uses 2 1/3 pints of ...
- 8TH GRADE MATH - IF C IS THE NUMBER OF CUPS THEN 1/2C CAN BE USED TO FIND THE ...
- Math - I am stuck on this problem: Would 80 gallons > 350 pints? because i ...
- math - How do I figure out 6c=__?__pt showing work See my other response. =) ...