Posted by phoenix on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 11:37am.
Choose two authors from the early American and colonial period. identify what they wrote and, in one to three paragraphs, compare their purpose, audience, and style.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:43pm
Let us know which authors you choose to write about.
- english - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 2:35am
I'm not sure exactly how specific this is supposed to be, but here are two from that time period.
John Winthrop (1588-1649): Winthrop was a Puritan who sailed from England to what is modern day New England. He served as governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony for many years. Winthrop kept a detailed journal of the happenings in New England. He also wrote the sermon, "A Model of Christian Charity," which basically said that the Puritans of New England needed to be an example of how to live a Godly life.
Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758): Edwards was a preacher in New England. He is probably most famous for his sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." The sermon is a good example of the thinking of the Great Awakening, and gives vivid depictions of hell.
- english - Your Lurking English Teacher, Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 2:35pm
This is pegged by your Connections Academy teacher. I don't recommend copying this for that Unit 1 test.
- english - yeezus, Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 3:57pm
- english - Im trynna cheat bruh, Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 3:38pm
lol its lit
- english - same bruh, Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:14pm
fack u mean i can't copy that for unit 1, bihhh? you trippin cuz
- english - AJ , Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 3:27pm
😂😂😂 y'all are too great
- english - !@#$%^& english 11, Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 2:06am
😂 BRUUUUUUUUH YALL FINNA SLIDE ME THE ANSWERS OR WHAT
- english - Beeybeyy, Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 12:56pm
RIGHT?! shooot! i need my answers and victoria beckhams my mom but i dont care i need to finish school
- english - CCA Teacher, Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:56pm
I second the other English teacher. I will know if you're cheating because I am looking through your window.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- HOMEWORK - Choose two authors from the early American and Colonial period. ...
- ENGLISH - 6. The following words share a denotative meaning. Which one has a ...
- English - 1.Read the following Papago song. Identify the purpose. No talking, ...
- english 11 - Read the fallowing Papago song. Identify its purpose. "No talking, ...
- English - Check my answers please?? Match the litter of the author with his or ...
- English 11 - How do disscuss the style of an article? *we have to read and ...
- author - after reading the authors biographies, choose two authors and describe ...
- English-Author's Purpose - 5. Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine shared a ...
- american - what conditions encouraged people the leave europe for the new world ...
- Check please - Which of these is a feature of early American and colonial ...