Posted by Tessa on Friday, October 4, 2013 at 11:43am.
I'm trying to come up with a thesis statement also I need help with a question.
How does Leah Price's changes in the book change us, the reader?
As for my thesis statement, I have sort of an idea of what I want it to be like...
Leah alienates herself from the Congolese, as if she is more superior, that changes. (I have evidence)
Leah’s relationship with her father and how it changes. (have evidence for that as well)
Basically what I'm trying to say is I would like help with having all of these components in a single statement, if that is possible.
Thank you in advance!
English II - Poisonwood Bible - Writeacher, Friday, October 4, 2013 at 11:47am
Have you drafted your outline yet?
If you haven't, do that first. If you have, here are some ideas to help you with your thesis statement:
Your thesis statement must include factual information (which you already have) plus your position/opinion/stance. Without your position on the topic, it isn't a true thesis statement. So think of this sentence as the angle you want to take on the topic and what you intend to prove by the end of your paper. (If your statement is simply factual, then there's nothing to prove!)
This is one of the very best places I've seen online to help students write good thesis statements. It shows you sentences that aren't thesis statements and how to turn each one into real thesis statements.
(I haven't read this book, so I can't help you with content.)
English II - Poisonwood Bible - Tessa, Friday, October 4, 2013 at 11:52am
Thanks! I will definitely check it out. I have drafted a basic outline like what I intend to write. I have a topic, Leah's overall change and how it changed us. And I have all the evidence written down with page numbers etc.
Once again thank you for your help!
English II - Poisonwood Bible - Writeacher, Friday, October 4, 2013 at 11:53am
You're very welcome!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Please help quickly!! - I need help with making a thesis statement for...
- english - K im not trying to cheat or nothing but im doing this exam im not ...
- Thesis statement - How do I write a thesis statement about why I choose Medical ...
- English - Which of the following is a common error in composing a thesis ...
- eng composition - Which statement is true? A. Once you write a thesis statement ...
- reading and writing - Which of the following is a common error in composing a ...
- writing thesis - So, thanks for the help to those who answered my last question...
- writing thesis - So, I need a thesis statement for a research paper for Murder ...
- thesis statement - I need to come up with a good thesis statement for Amy Tan "...
- English - I'm doing a paper about Usher Syndrome and am having a hard time ...