Posted by George on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:01pm.
What is the independent variable in this scenario:
A research Psychologist is working in a federal prison and is asked to asses this new program. From 70 inmate volunteers, the psychologist randomly assigns 45 inmate volunteers to three groups: group A, group B, and group C.
Psychology - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:05pm
You havent gotten to the variables yet.
Psychology - George, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:35pm
Group A gets the life skills training for 2 days. Group B meet at the same time and they plan their own activities. Group C takes part in the prison program. At the end of 12 weeks, all three groups are assessed on their ability to solve personal and interpersonal problem by responding by writing to a number of problem scenarios presented to them.
Psychology - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:38pm
independent variable: type of life skill program taken
Psychology - George, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:50pm
So, the type of life skill program is the independent variable of this scenario? Can you please explain more as to why?
The dependent variable is assessing the effectiveness of the new life skills program in promoting problem solving skills.
Psychology - George, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:51pm
Aren't the variables the same though?
Psychology - PsyDAG, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 5:16pm
An independent variable is the potential stimulus or cause, usually directly manipulated by the experimenter, so it could also be called a manipulative variable.
A dependent variable is the response or measure of results.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Psychology - Indicate the independent variable and dependent variable: A ...
- C/Justice - The inmate code is: A. the set of rules for inmate behavior ...
- CJ - When an otherwise eligible inmate in good standing is assigned to an ...
- Psychology - Do Psychologist adhere to the same code of ethics as a social ...
- probation and parole - Classification in correctional institutions is used ...
- psychology - A school psychologist is asked to help with a third grade student ...
- BEH WK 1 ckpt - A psychologist is planning to conduct a study that would examine...
- CORRECTIONAL PRACTICE AND POLICY - What is the impact of Congress’s “truth-in-...
- SIXTH GRADE MATH - The staff of the Westpoint Public Library signed up 6 ...
- math - Ned is one of 6 library volunteers. He is also one of 8 playground ...