Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 12:32pm.
A student measures a rectangular room to be 20.0 m X 17.16 m. Which of the numbers below represents the roomís area with the correct number of significant figures?
a. 340 m^2
b. 343 m^2
c. 343.2 m^2
d. 343.20 m^2
Which component of the technological system is activated when an automobile airbag inflates?
How can surveying reading material help your comprehension?
a. Knowing the main ideas ahead of time helps you know where to focus your attention.
b. Reciting the answers to your questions out loud will help you remember them.
c. Reading ahead makes studying go faster.
d. Surveying ahead of time means you can skip maps, diagrams, and content summaries later.
A student measures the mass of a paper clip. The studentís data table is shown below. The accepted value for the paper clipís mass is 1.14 g.
Trial 1, 2.45 g
Trial 2, 2.40 g
Trial 3, 2.42 g
Which of the following describes the studentís measurements?
a. The studentís measurements were accurate, but not precise.
b. The studentís measurements were precise, but not accurate.
c. The studentís measurements were neither precise nor accurate.
d. The studentís measurements were both precise and accurate.
- Science - PsyDAG, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 2:09pm
Did you multiply 20 * 17.16? What did you get? Not B.
Feedback gives you information that your actions were (or were not) successful. Not B.
Agree with A.
With something as small as a paper clip, do you think a .05 gram variance is accurate?
- Science - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 2:20pm
1. I need to have 3 sig fig, right?
4. I think it is b because the student's measurements are all close to each other, but not accurate because it is not close to the "accepted" value, 1.14 g.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- science 1 question - A student measures a rectangular room to be 20.0m x 17.16m...
- math 1 question - A student measures a rectangular room to be 20.0m x 17.16m. ...
- Science - A student measures a room to be 20.0m*17.16m. Which of the numbers ...
- math - a student measures a rectangular room to be 20.00 m x 17.16 m which of ...
- Science- Ms. Sue or DrBob222? - A student measures a rectangular room to be 20.0...
- Mathematics in science - Can you check my answers please? 1. A student measures ...
- Math in Science - A student measures the volume of a liquid and finds it to be ...
- Sience Plase help check my answers - 1. Why do scientists use models of natural...
- Science Significant Figures - Calculate the area, with the appropriate number of...
- science - Calculate the area, with the appropriate number of significant figures...