Posted by manda on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 11:50am.
A cannonball is fired across a field. Its height above the ground after t seconds is given by -16t^2+104. How long does it take for the ball to reach its maximum height of 169 feet?
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 12:23pm
169 = -16t^2 + 104
16t^2 = -65
it will never reach 169 ft, the maximum height is 104 ft when t = appr 2.5 seconds
- math - Bosnian, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 12:38pm
If -16t^2+104 mean :
- 16 t ^ 2 + 104 t
in google type :
quadratic equation online
Wfen you see list of results click on :
Free Online Quadratic Equation Solver: Solve by Quadratic Formula
Select one of method.
Then in rectangle type :
- 16 t ^ 2 + 104 t = 169
and click option : solve it !
You will see solutions step - by - step
In this case solution are :
t = 13 / 4 sec = 3.25 sec
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - The height h (in meters) of a cannonball t seconds after it is fired into...
- Math - Please help ! 1.)a catapult launches a boulder with an upward velocity of...
- Pre-Calculus - 1. A projectile is fired straight up from a height of 6 feet. Its...
- math - A ball is thrown into the air with an upward velocity of 20 ft/s. Its ...
- Math - A model airplane is shot up from a platform 1 foot above the ground with ...
- algebra - A ball is thrown upward from a height of 240 feet. the height h of the...
- Math - a punter kicked the football into the air with an upward velocity of 62 ...
- algebra 2 - So the dead line for my class is coming up. And I really need help ...
- math - a baseball is hit with an initial velocity of 75 feet per second from the...
- Alg 1 - A baseball player hit a ball with an upward velocity of 46 ft/s. Its ...