1 and 2 are right
3. What map?
Please repost no more than 4 of the unanswered questions along with your answers. I'll be glad to check them.
Here ya go! :) don't worry about the map. because i can't get it to copy!
1. Which of the following describes the role of an anthropologist? (1 point)
a person who studies the origin and development of humans***
a person who searches for artifacts from prehistoric people
a person who excavates remains from early communities
a person who translates written records of early times
2. A piece of decorated pottery from the Woodland Era is considered (1 point)
Which statement BEST explains the information on the map? (1 point)
The British Isles were islands.
There is less land in the world today.
There were no glaciers in the United States.***
The east coast of the United States has not changed.
4. The culture of American Indians in South Carolina during the Pre-Projectile Point Era was based on (1 point)
hunting large animals such as bison and mammoths.**
cultivating crops such as corn, squash, and bottle gourds.
gathering nuts and hunting small animals and fish.
storing prepared food in pottery made from clay.
5. Which of the following best describes the earliest people in North America who followed their food supply and migrated frequently? (1 point)
6. Which statement describes geographic conditions in North America when early people migrated from Asia? (1 point)
There was more dry land than there is today.
There was abundant food to support more people.
There were no mountains to hinder the movement of people.
There was a system of rivers and streams to permit easy travel.
7. Choose the correct sequence of prehistoric cultures, from earliest to latest. (1 point)
Archaic Era, Woodland Era, Mississippian Era, Paleo Era
Archaic Era Mississippian Era, Paleo Era, Woodland Era
Paleo Era, Woodland Era, Mississippian Era, Archaic Era
Paleo Era, Archaic Era, Woodland Era, Mississippian Era**
8. During which period of time was the first pottery made? (1 point)
9. What effect did the discovery of farming techniques have on the lifestyle of the American Indians? (1 point)
More people worked as hunters and gatherers.***
More tribes migrated across the country.
Villages became more spread out.
Settlements became more permanent.
10. Why were rituals an important part of American Indian religion? (1 point)
Many tribes used rituals as a form of retaliation against other tribes.**
Many tribes did not believe in an afterlife.
Many tribes believed in performing certain actions to ensure they had enough food.
Many tribes worshiped the sun and certain animals and birds.
11. Which purpose was NOT served by mounds? (1 point)
To provide protection
To provide a farming area**
To serve as part of a building
To provide a location for ceremonies
12. Which of these united American Indian tribes the most? (1 point)
certain games and sports***
13. People visit Sewee Shell Ring and Spanish Mount in South Carolina to learn about (1 point)
14. The arrival of Europeans in North America brought an end to the prehistoric era because the Europeans (1 point)
ensouraged American Indians to convert to a new religion.
forced the American Indians to leave their homes.**
kept written records about the American Indians.
built settlements where the American Indians lived.
15. Which of the following contributed to the failure of the first Spanish settlement in South Carolina, San Miguel de Gualdape? (1 point)
The Waccamaw River was not a safe place to settle.
Too many slaves were brought from Santo Domingo.
The Spanish settlers did not bring enough food.
FranciscoGordillo captured American Indians and forced them into slavery.
16. The American Indians helped European settlements succeed by (1 point)
selling their land to the settlers.
working as indentured servants for the settlers.
teaching settlers how to grow certain crops.
showing the settlers how to navigate waterways.
17. Why did diseases, like smallpox, affect American Indians more than Europeans? (1 point)
Europeans had been vaccinated against the diseases.
Europeans had a natural immunity to the various diseases.***
The American Indians had no prior exposure to the diseases.
The poverty-like conditions in which the American Indians lived caused the diseases to spread.
Which FOUR of these answers would you like me to check?
Thank you Mrs.Sue! :)
You're very welcome, Marie.
Answer this Question
communication - Compose a 1000-2000 word essay in which you do the following: •...
beh - i have these questions already but I need some more please.1. The learning...
Help please!! - Read the sentence below. Harry didn't know that his actions ...
U.S.History - please check: 1. Which of the following best describes the ...
geography - i am doing a project on economic activities for geographyplease ...
geography - i am doing a project on economic activities for geographyplease help...
English/ History-Urgent - Was there a person in history whose personality ...
Social Studies 7R (Please Read!) - Please check my homework I have to read each ...
british lit - the narrator of heart of darkness by joseph conrad is (A) second ...
Math - A theatre company allows a group of 10 people to buy theatre tickets at a...