Posted by marie on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:49am.
***IGNORE THE CHARTS/GRAPH QUESTIONS!! UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER OR HAVE SEEN THE CHARTS! THANKS!! :) ***
For whom was South Carolina named? (1 point)
King Charles I****
King Charles II
2. What is an important reason to study the history of a state? (1 point)
to be able to pass a test
to prepare to be a tour guide
to discover information about one’s family ancestors**
to learn how a state influenced and was influenced by the United States
3. What is one of the fastest-growing economic developments in South Carolina today? (1 point)
4. Which is NOT a reason for the increasing age of South Carolinians? (1 point)
South Carolinians are living longer.
The birth rate has held steady or declined slightly.
South Carolinians are having children later in life.***
A larger number of retired people have moved to South Carolina.
5. What was the main industry in South Carolina after the Civil War? (1 point)
6. What is one of the newest industries in South Carolina? (1 point)
7. What is perhaps South Carolina’s most important natural resource? (1 point)
8. Where in South Carolina is a major auto-racing facility located? (1 point)
9. According to the two graphs, by what percent have races other than black and white grown from 1990 to 2002?
10. According to the two graphs, what category of data has stayed relatively the same from 1990 to 2002?
11. According to the two graphs, what area has seen the largest increase between 1990 and 2002?
age: under 18
age: over 65
12. According to the two graphs, what area has had the largest decline from 1990 to 2002?
age: under 18
13. From the information on the graphs, which statement BEST describes the change in South Carolina’s population between 1990 and 2002?
pie chart (1 point)
The population is declining.
The population is getting older.
The population is getting younger.
The population is becoming less diverse.
14. What state is north of South Carolina? (1 point)
15. What is the largest river system in South Carolina? (1 point)
16. Which river flows directly into the Atlantic Ocean? (1 point)
17. According to the maps, what area of South Carolina has the most rainfall?
18. Why were so many of South Carolina’s trees cut down in the nineteenth century? (1 point)
to build houses
to grow cotton***
to make roads
to build ships
19. What is South Carolina’s state animal? (1 point)
- History! - marie, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 1:11pm
Please please help me! :(
- History! - marie, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:35pm
Nevermind! I got it now!!
- History! - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:36pm
Since I don't think any of us is an expert in South Carolina knowledge, we'd have to look up the answers to most of these questions.
I'll bet, though, that you're pretty sure you're right about most of your answers.
If you post just four of the questions that you're not sure about, I'll be glad to help you. Please post them under a new question so I don't miss them.
Answer this Question
History - 4. South Carolina responded to the Intolerable Acts by __________. (1 ...
History - Imagine you have been asked to defend charles 1 at his trial. Why ...
math - A group medical practice has 40,000 patients. Charts vary in thickness ...
south carolina history help me ASAP PLZZZZZ - which state voted first against ...
English - 1. I drew spending charts on the word processor Hangeul. 2. I drew ...
Operations Management - Twelve samples, each containing five parts, were taken ...
History! - Can someone Please help me!? 1. What resulted from Parliament’s lack ...
south carolina history - how did the french and indian war benefit south ...
Stastic=tics - You are staffed with 2 inpatient coders. Your current ...
medical records - how important is having the ability to read medical charts and...