Posted by marie on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:49am.
***IGNORE THE CHARTS/GRAPH QUESTIONS!! UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER OR HAVE SEEN THE CHARTS! THANKS!! :) ***
For whom was South Carolina named? (1 point)
King Charles I****
King Charles II
2. What is an important reason to study the history of a state? (1 point)
to be able to pass a test
to prepare to be a tour guide
to discover information about one’s family ancestors**
to learn how a state influenced and was influenced by the United States
3. What is one of the fastest-growing economic developments in South Carolina today? (1 point)
4. Which is NOT a reason for the increasing age of South Carolinians? (1 point)
South Carolinians are living longer.
The birth rate has held steady or declined slightly.
South Carolinians are having children later in life.***
A larger number of retired people have moved to South Carolina.
5. What was the main industry in South Carolina after the Civil War? (1 point)
6. What is one of the newest industries in South Carolina? (1 point)
7. What is perhaps South Carolina’s most important natural resource? (1 point)
8. Where in South Carolina is a major auto-racing facility located? (1 point)
9. According to the two graphs, by what percent have races other than black and white grown from 1990 to 2002?
10. According to the two graphs, what category of data has stayed relatively the same from 1990 to 2002?
11. According to the two graphs, what area has seen the largest increase between 1990 and 2002?
age: under 18
age: over 65
12. According to the two graphs, what area has had the largest decline from 1990 to 2002?
age: under 18
13. From the information on the graphs, which statement BEST describes the change in South Carolina’s population between 1990 and 2002?
pie chart (1 point)
The population is declining.
The population is getting older.
The population is getting younger.
The population is becoming less diverse.
14. What state is north of South Carolina? (1 point)
15. What is the largest river system in South Carolina? (1 point)
16. Which river flows directly into the Atlantic Ocean? (1 point)
17. According to the maps, what area of South Carolina has the most rainfall?
18. Why were so many of South Carolina’s trees cut down in the nineteenth century? (1 point)
to build houses
to grow cotton***
to make roads
to build ships
19. What is South Carolina’s state animal? (1 point)
- History! - marie, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 1:11pm
Please please help me! :(
- History! - marie, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:35pm
Nevermind! I got it now!!
- History! - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:36pm
Since I don't think any of us is an expert in South Carolina knowledge, we'd have to look up the answers to most of these questions.
I'll bet, though, that you're pretty sure you're right about most of your answers.
If you post just four of the questions that you're not sure about, I'll be glad to help you. Please post them under a new question so I don't miss them.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- History - Imagine you have been asked to defend charles 1 at his trial. Why ...
- Statistics - If the king and queen invite 8 knights and thier wives then how ...
- idk - is radius, circumfrence, or diameter named after a king, queen, or prince?
- Math - A single card is drawn from a standard deck of cards. Find the following ...
- History - Why should king Charles 1 not have been guilty and/or executed?
- History - 4. South Carolina responded to the Intolerable Acts by __________. (1 ...
- Social Studies - Whose marriage transferred large amounts of French lands to the...
- socials - charles I and the civil war 2 1642-49 what advantages had the king? ...
- History - List some of the King or Queen that have made a lot of accomplishment ...
- maths - 3 and 5 of spade, king and queen of club , 7 and 9 of diamond and ace of...