Posted by Sarah on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 10:37pm.
Can someone check my work?
So, I took the derivative of
I used the quotient rule
((2x((1+x^2)^2)-2((1+x^2)^2)(2x)(1-x^2))) / ((1+x^2)^4)
Then I simplified it
(2x+2x^2 - 4x((1+x^2)^2)(1-x^2)) /((1+x^2)^4)
Then I simplified by factoring out some numbers
Then I cancelled out some values
Then simplified some more
My answer was
But my answer is supposed to be
Where did I go wrong
- check my work on derivatives - Steve, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 11:29pm
Well, the first line is wrong. Should be
((-2x((1+x^2)^2)-2(1+x^2)(2x)(1-x^2))) / ((1+x^2)^4)
Maybe that's all the fix you need. If not, visit wolframalpha.com and enter
and it will show the correct answer which you show above. Then hit the step-by-step solution button to see all the intermediate work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus--> bobpursley - How do you get m=0? from taking the second ...
- Math (please check) - Compute the indicated derivative. d/dt [ ( t^2 + t^0.5...
- Math, Calculus - Find the derivative of the function. y= xcosx - sinx What's the...
- Calc - I'm creating a "calculu for dummies" project book. I've already done most...
- Calculus - Does my answer look correct? Find the derivative. 11, y= (e^3-e)(e+5...
- Applied Calculus - Find the first and second derivative of the function: x/(7x+...
- Math (Algebra) - Could I have someone check my work please? If I did something ...
- MoRe HeLp PlEaSe!! (calc) - Also can I get some help with this LONG, TIRESOME ...
- Calculus - How do I use the chain rule to find the derivative of square root(1-x...
- FRENCH WORK ASAP - please please someone check my work I don't understand it ...