Posted by Sarah on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 10:37pm.
Can someone check my work?
So, I took the derivative of
I used the quotient rule
((2x((1+x^2)^2)-2((1+x^2)^2)(2x)(1-x^2))) / ((1+x^2)^4)
Then I simplified it
(2x+2x^2 - 4x((1+x^2)^2)(1-x^2)) /((1+x^2)^4)
Then I simplified by factoring out some numbers
Then I cancelled out some values
Then simplified some more
My answer was
But my answer is supposed to be
Where did I go wrong
- check my work on derivatives - Steve, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 11:29pm
Well, the first line is wrong. Should be
((-2x((1+x^2)^2)-2(1+x^2)(2x)(1-x^2))) / ((1+x^2)^4)
Maybe that's all the fix you need. If not, visit wolframalpha.com and enter
and it will show the correct answer which you show above. Then hit the step-by-step solution button to see all the intermediate work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - can some one help me on how i work these qustions out..i need to ...
- Algebra - I'm kind of confused as to what exactly simplified means by deffintion...
- Math (please check) - Compute the indicated derivative. d/dt [ ( t^2 + t^0.5...
- math - Can someone please check ny answers and tell me if I'm correct? I did the...
- Algebra - I am having issues with factoring. I am trying to check my work using ...
- Math, Calculus - Find the derivative of the function. y= xcosx - sinx What's the...
- Calculus--> bobpursley - How do you get m=0? from taking the second ...
- math - use the quotient rule to find derivative. y= 3x^2+8 / x^2+3 (x^2+3)(6x...
- Please Check My Math Work - (3sqrt5)(2sqrt10) I got:6sqrt50 Is this correct.? ...
- Pre-Calc-Please check my answer-I think I have it - Could someone please check ...