Posted by Gabby on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 2:58pm.
1) From what elements of a story can you make inferences? (1point)
All of the above***
2) Read the following stanza from “Paul Revere’s Ride” to answer 3 and 4.
It was two by the village clock,
When he came to the bridge in Concord town.
He heard the bleating of the flock,
And the twitter of birds among the trees,
And felt the breath of the morning breeze
Blowing over the meadows brown.
And one was safe and asleep in his bed
Who at the bridge would be the first to fall,
Who that day would be lying dead,
Pierced by a British musket-ball.
What can you infer from the stanza? (1point)
Many men will be lost in the battle that same day.
Paul Revere’s ride will save the village.
The Americans will block access to the bridge.***
The town of Concord will be spared by the British.
3) What words help you understand the definition of musket-ball? (1point)
“fall” and “bridge”
“lying dead” and “Pierced”
“Pierced” and “British”***
“safe” and “asleep”
4) Which of the following sentences containing an appositive phrase is punctuated correctly? (1point)
Mr. Jones, the man who lives next door to us, is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.***
Mr. Jones, the man who lives next door to us is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Mr. Jones the man who lives next door to us is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Mr. Jones the man who lives next door to us, is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Am I correct Ms.Sue???
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:02pm
2 and 3 are wrong. The other two are right.
- Language Arts - Gabby, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:11pm
Am I correct now?
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:21pm
No and no.
You're on your own now for those two. You know one of each remaining pair of answers is right.
- Language Arts - Gabby, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:34pm
erm.. alrighty then I gues its-
- Language Arts - Gabby, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:40pm
But how is 3 not B out of question because a musket is a gun with a long barrel and the bullet could pierce and surely the one to get shot could die...
- Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:51pm
Sorry -- 3 is B.
Answer this Question
Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...
language arts - I'm writing a letter in the perspective of an Italian immigrant...
Language Arts - What are 5 general elements or characteristics of the tall tale ...
Language Arts - Which of the following statements about a short story plot is ...
Lang. Arts - Which elements of a story can help you predict early on what a ...
Language Arts - Think of some examples of how you change the following elements ...
language arts - list the two ways in which an author may introduce a story's ...
language arts - what similar character traits do the three samurai share? on ...
language - a synopsis of a novel focuses on a) the main points of the story b) ...
language arts - The way a story is told and the voice that tells it are ...