Posted by Anonymous on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 1:39pm.
Check my answers please
9. The author of "My Brother's Keeper" mainly develops Jamieís character through
*dialogue and thoughts
the narrators description
otherís reaction to him
10. In "My Brother's Keeper," what does Ted want Jamie to do for him?
Give him an alibi at court*
Forge some documents
Borrow money from Uncle Harry
Go out with his old girlfriend
11. The narrator of "The Scarlet Ibis" was embarrassed about teaching Doodle to walk because
he hurt him in the process.
he hadn't asked his parents' permission.
*he was motivated to do it by Doodle's disability.
he only did it because of a dare from his friends.
12. The scarlet ibis is a symbol for Doodle because
it was hatched from a caul.
it thrives only in the warm climate.
*it could not move or make a sound.
it was out of place from the beginning.
13. What is the "first lesson" described in the poem by this name?
*how to float on one's back
how to do the backstroke
how to trend water when one is tired
how to identify the stars out at sea
14. The author of "On Turning Ten" includes the childhood fantasies, such as being invisible or a prince, in order to
show the creativity of the speaker.
explain why he no longer rides his bike
*contrast the playfulness of younger days with the more serious present
show how the child narrator spent his time before he was terminally ill.
15. In "Hanging Fire"," the speaker switches topics frequently from line to line in order to
build her feeling of anger.
*emphasize all the thoughts of someone at her young age.
describe her as too busy.
give the reader her feeling of depression.
16. Which of the following details in I Know Why Caged Bird Sings does NOT reflect that the community values education?
*the unequipped school fields
the stars for attendance and grades
the reciting of poetry and other documents
giving gifts to each child moving to the next grade
Answer this Question
english - Like the writers in the short story collection, Mori reveals his ...
English - Here is the second part of my summary I really need you to revise. ...
Reading - Need information on the character of Mike Taylor in the book "The ...
english HS - I'm writing a story and I have very mean character and this ...
English - I really need you to check these sentences I wrote on the drama. ...
world literature - Ther are several ways to learn about characters: through ...
english - I need a description of a major theme from The Robber Bridegroom by ...
English - 1. We see through/with our eyes. 2. We eat through/with our mouth. 3. ...
English - So for the summer I had to read cat's eye by Margaret Atwood and this...
literature - Hi, I'm doing a poem for a literature book called Red Sky In the ...