Posted by M on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 6:09pm.
In the early 1900s, Alfred Wegener noticed that some of the Earth's continents looked like they might fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. He also observed that the continents that looked like they fit together had similar plants, animals, and rock formations. From this evidence, Wegener reasoned that Earth's continents were all once a part of one big super continent.
What type of scientific thinking did Wegener employ to develop his theory?
I chose Deductive reasoning
Tell me what you think
- 8th grade Science - Anonymous, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 6:43pm
Deductive reasoning is when a principle is used to draw a conclusion. Inductive reasoning is when a principle is developed based on observations. Read the last sentence: From this evidence, "Wegener REASONED that Earth's continents were all once a part of one big super continent." It is inductive reasoning.
P.S. - Are you from CA?
- 8th grade Science - Its Whatever, Monday, August 31, 2015 at 5:23pm
If you are looking at this and you are from connections then here are all of the answers.
- 8th grade Science - Anonymous, Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 11:06am
thanks there right
- 8th grade Science - Mrs.Sue, Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 7:01pm
oh so u think ur so smart then why are you cheating on you quick check this is ms.sue i just got married so i changed my name but i work at con nexus and can track ip address and connect them to ur computer and then u will get a zero
- 8th grade Science - smart one : ), Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10:32pm
they are all right i got 100%
- 8th grade Science - Mrs.Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 7:58pm
that was not me on there i am so sorry someone put in my name and put up that horrible comment mrs. west
- 8th grade food - Its me, Friday, March 18, 2016 at 1:34pm
i like to eat food and im really fatt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!########################%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&******************((((((((((((((())))))))))))))++++++++++++++$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$@@@%dvgcgvgf vsjhgvsfafa
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - In the early 1900s, Alfred Wegener noticed that some of the Earth's ...
- Science - ing to Wegener's hypothesis of continental drift,? A.Earth's surface ...
- science - In 1912, Alfred Wegener discovered and explained the movement of ...
- biology - skin cells seem to fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle how is ...
- bio - human tissue cells seen to fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. ...
- geology(science) am i correct - Respond to the following scenario: o Your ...
- spanish - so i tried doing this one: "┐Te gusta hascer rompecabezas?" "íNo! ...
- science - according to wegeners hypothesis of continental drift ? A. Earths ...
- Science - Asthenosphere can act like a viscous liquid right? Is lithosphere part...
- Drwls[SCIENCE] - Asthenosphere can act like a viscous liquid right? Is ...