Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 5:35pm.
Which of the following describes the economies of Ghana and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)?
a. Ghana has a stable, fast-growing economy while DRC has an unstable economy due to internal conflict.
b. The economies of both Ghana and DRC are unstable due to political unrest and coups.
c. In the 1980s Ghana had a successful economy while DRC had a weak economy.
d. Both Ghana and DRC have stable and fast-growing economies.
So far, I know it is not d and I am considering a. My textbook says that there were several coups in the 1980s against Ghana, but democracy was restored after Jerry Rawlings seized power in 1981. And I also know that Ghana has exports which brings it money, such as cacao and gold. Based on this, I think it is a, but I am not sure.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 5:40pm
I vote for A.
- Social Studies - Anonymous, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 5:46pm
Thank you! Yes, a is correct.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 5:47pm
You're welcome. :-)
- Social Studies - get nerdy on me, Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 9:16am
yes a is right thank you
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 1. What is one reason why Nigerians remain poor, despite their ...
- West and Central Africa today - Which of the following describes the economies ...
- Social studies - How was the kingdom of Songhai similar to Ghana and Mali? What...
- social studies - Is the former name of the Democratic Republic of the Congo ...
- Civics ASAP PLZ =:) - Which of the following correctly describes an example of ...
- Geography - Need help with this: The following ten countries are choices: ...
- civics - gabaloolo one year ago which of the following correctly describes an ...
- History - Which West African kingdom was the first to benefit from the gold and ...
- social studies - what is the capital of Ghana??
- Social studies - What was so important about Ghana? If anyone can help,thank you...