Posted by Tomas on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:03pm.
a. 2x + 6y
b. 2x + 12y
c. 4x + 6y
d. 4x + 12y
e. 4x - 12y
please answer and explain
math - Reiny, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:22pm
4xy(1/2y + 3/2x)
= 4xy( (y+3x)/2 )
= 2xy^2 + 6x^2y
none of the choices
I suspect a typo
did you mean
4xy(1/(2y) + 3/(2x) ) ?
= 4xy( (x + 3)/(2xy) )
= 2(x + 3y)
= 2x + 6y
looks like you did have a typo.
math - Tomas, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:27pm
yes,4xy(1/(2y) + 3/(2x) )
math - Steve, Friday, September 27, 2013 at 5:27am
1/(2y) + 3/(2x) = x/(2xy) + 3y/(2xy) = (x+3y)/(2xy)
and now it's easy, eh?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math 012 - will someone please double check my answer to this problem. the ...
- Math - Correct the error in this equation: 6(2y+6)=4(9+3y) 12y+36=36+12y 12y=12y...
- math - The sum of 4 y yards and 2i inches equals a. 6iy feet b. (12y+1/6)feet c...
- algebra - Select the set of equations that represents the following situation: ...
- equations - Can anyone check this answer out for me... 2(5-6y) = 2 x 5 , 2 x -6...
- Quadratic Equations - Ok, I am supposed to find out what the variables are by ...
- math - find the pair own parallel lines 1)-12y+15x=-4 2)4y=-5x-4 3)15+12y=-4
- math - how i can see the exact solution of 6y-12y=12 and4x-12y=8
- Algebra - Would this be correct? Factpr completley: y^3-12y^2+36y y(y^2-12y+36) ...
- Algebra1 - i think i have to simplify.... but the question just says: (2y-3)^2 ...