Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:43pm.
What is the main purpose of a market?
a. to allow people to exchange goods and services
b. to set prices for goods and services
c. to help producers get human resources
d.to increase competition between buyers and sellers
A relative price compares _________________.
a. the price different sellers ask for the same good.
b. the price that buyers pay to the price that sellers ask.
c. the price of one good or service to another.
d. the price that a seller wants to pay to the price that the seller actually pays.
Julie wants to buy an autographed graphic novel for her brother's birthday, but she cannot afford it. What would be the most likely substitute for this good?
a. an autographed baseball
b. an unsigned graphic novel
c. a book about the author of the novel
d. a set of drawing supplies
Malik cuts lawns in his neighborhood to earn some extra money. His neighbors agree to pay him $15 to take care of their lawns for the week, and at that price, Malik is willing to set aside enough time to take care of four lawns. After a few heavy rainstorms that cause the grass to grow more quickly, several of Malik’s neighbors offer him $20 to cut their lawns. What effect could this price increase have on Malik’s lawn-cutting business?
a. Malik will not need to cut lawns anymore.
b. Malik will be willing to charge more people less money.
c. Malik will cut lawns every day instead of just once a week.
d. Malik will be willing to take care of more lawns that week at the higher price.
What is the most likely competitor for a company that manufactures gym shoes?
a. Gym Socks 'R' Us
b. Best Sneakers
c. Totally T-Shirts
d. Soccer Pros
SS - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:59pm
I agree with all of your answers except the last one.
SS - Anonymous, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:07pm
Then, is it b? What I think is that if people want gym shoes, then they probably want gym socks as well. So, wouldn't the sock company have to adjust prices similar to how the gym shoe company does it?
SS - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:11pm
Please make sure you know what a competitor is.
SS - Anonymous, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:18pm
Competition takes place between sellers of the same or similar product, so a does not apply here.
SS - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:30pm
Right. So b must be the answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - How is money used as a store value? A. People use money to buy...
- Social Studies - Which phrase best defines "consumer?" a. someone who makes ...
- Social Studies - I am having a hard time with economics - we just started in my ...
- SS - A producer's primary job is: a) making goods and providing services. b) ...
- Free Market Enterprise - This economy focuses on Competition. What goods and ...
- Social Studies - People engage in trade mostly in order to _______ a. have ...
- goods and services - Explain the major difference between goods and services. ...
- SS plz help thx i appreciate it - 1. Why does scarcity exist? Producers need ...
- Anthropology - Redistribution involves: (Points : 1) the exchange of goods ...
- History - Please check my answers please. Thank you! 1. The U.S. economy is a ...