Posted by Gabby on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:35pm.
1) Which of the following is a valid reason why a scientist might reject a scientific theory? (1point)
Some people disagree with it.
It covers too broad a topic.
New evidence contradicts it.***
It is too old.
2) A scientific hypothesis must be (1point)
Able to be manipulated.
Able to be controlled.
Able to be tested.***
3) A well-tested explanation for a wide range of observations or experimental results is called a scientific (1point)
4) Many nonscience careers require a knowledge of science because workers must (1point)
Develop new scientific laws and theories.
Use materials and processes that follow scientific principles.***
Use the process of scientific inquiry.
Keep up with new developments in science.
5) Being able to identify good sources of scientific information and apply the knowledge to problems in your life is a part of having (1point)
6) A researcher designs an experiment to determine if German Shepherds prefer pet doors that opens from the side or from the top. He installs two pet doors side-by-side in the same wall. The pet door that opens from the top is designed for pets up to 15 pounds. The one that opens from the side is designed for animals up to 220 pounds. The German Shepherds in his study used the side-opening pet door. The researcher determined that German Shepherds prefer pet doors that open from the side. This situation is an example of (1point)
7) You calculate the area of a 150m x 100.0 m room. How many significant figures should your answer include? (1point)
8) A group of parts that work together is called a (1point)
9) The ways in which people change the world around them to meet their needs or solve practical problems are called (1point)
10) Which component of the technological system is achieved when your camera takes a photograph? (1point)
11) Deciding whether to buy a new lightweight helmet that provides less protection than a heavier helmet is an example of (1point)
Using technology wisely
Increasing the pace of life
Technology’s impact on the environment.
12) An astronaut travels from Earth to a planet with less gravity than Earth. Which of the following statements describes the astronaut’s weight and mass? (1point)
The astronaut will weigh more on the other planet, but her mass will stay the same.
The astronaut will weigh less on the other planet, but her mass will stay the same.***
The astronaut will weigh the same on the other planet, but her mass will increase.
The astronaut will weight the same on the other planet, but her mass will decrease.
Am I right???
- Science - Gabby, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:00pm
Hello Ms.Sue could you help me plz???
- Science - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 3:09pm
3 is wrong
I don't know about 7, 9, 10, 12.
The others are correct.
- Science - me, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:47pm
Answer this Question
Science! - Which of the following is a valid reason why a scientist might reject...
science - 1) Which of the following is a valid reason why a scientist might ...
Science. - Whats the difference between a scientific theory and a regular theory...
Science - 1)Which of the following is a valid reason to study science?(1point) ...
Science - How is science related to to the topic? What type of scientist are ...
biology /check please - Use each terms below just once to complete the passage...
Science - Which of the following best describes a scientific theory? A.A ...
science - Which of the following is a valid reason to study science? A.All ...
Physics - Scientific models - a) Do you believe that some current accepted ...
Business - Consider the following statement: Most disagreements or differences ...