Posted by Help on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 1:56pm.
9. 9/5w + 8/w
** Cannot be simplified. Am I correct??
14. The number of instrctions N performed per second by a computer varies directly as the speed S of the computer's internal processor. A processor with a speed of 20 megahertz an perform 1,800,000 instructions per second.
a. Find an equation of variation
b. The same processor perform _____ instructions if it is running at a speed of 180 megahertz.
18. To travel a fixed distance, the numver of gallons needed is inversely proportional to the miles-per-gallons rating P of the car gets 42 miles-per-gallon (mpg) needs 33 gal to travel the distance.
a. An equation of variation is N=
b. A car that gets 77 mpg needs ____ gallons of gas.
algebra - Steve, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:10pm
If you mean
9/(5w) + 8/w then that is
9/(5w) + 40/(5w) = 49/(5w)
If you mean
(9/5) w + 8/w then that is
9w^2/(5w) + 40/(5w) = (9w^2+40)/(5w)
N = kS
1.8 = k*20 (in M)
k = .09, so
N(S) = .09S
N(180) = .09*180 = 16.2
N = k/P
33 = k/42
k = 1386, so
N(P) = 1386/P
N(77) = 1386/77 = ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 15. To travel a fixed distance, the number of gallons needed is ...
- Computer hardware - What circumstance would be the only reason for one to toil ...
- English - Let's write down what you can do with the computer. 1. I use the ...
- computers please help - Hi i'm taking a intro to technology class and we have ...
- please help asap - hi i need steps on how to dissemble a pentium computer. i was...
- computers again - what is the difference between motherboard speed and the ...
- English - 1. I use the computer to make files with Power point. 2. I use the ...
- Intro. to Comp. - Can you help with this? A ________ is an integral part of the ...
- computers - What ideas can you propose for the future of processor design? What ...
- Computer - Your computer is running very slow. The LED light for the hard drive ...