Posted by jacob on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 11:14am.
Debbie finished her algebra test early so she decided to check each of her answers. After checking her answer to question #10, she realized she made a mistake in her solution. In which step does Debbie make her mistake?
Original Equation: 2 + 3y = 5(y - 2)
Step One: 2 + 3y = 5y - 10
Step Two: 2 = 2y - 10
Step Three: -8 = 2y
Step Four: -4 = y ¨ y = -4
Algebra - Mary, Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 11:31am
Step 2: because instead of adding the like terms he subtracted them
Algebra - Jai, Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 11:31am
Step 1 & 2 are right. She made the first mistake in Step 3, it should be
2 + 10 = 2y
12 = 2y
And so the succeeding steps are wrong too. But the earliest was in step 3.
hope this helps :3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - DAN,DEBBIE,ED AND GENE WERE TRAINING FOR CROSS-COUNTRY RACING. ED RAN ...
- Math - I made a mistake when I simplified. Find and explain my mistake. Then ...
- Math - Ok, last question for today. :) Tammy is eight years older than Debbie. ...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations and check your solution. x^2+y^2=25 x+2y...
- pre-algebra - Write the equation of this situation: the value,v, in hundreds of...
- Ethics - please check my answer thanks :) Dr. Jones made an mistake is on of the...
- algebra 1 - Natalie made a mistake in the following problem. What line was the ...
- English 10 - Can someone please check my answers for me please 1. Which of the ...
- English - Lucy realized that she had made a mistake on the test. How is the noun...
- math - Debbie goes to a diner famous for its express lunch menu. The menu has 5 ...