Posted by nathan on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:14pm.
Not sure what to do here?
Naomi has 50 red beads and white beads. The number of red beads is 1 more than 6 times the number of white beads.
How many red beads does Naomi have?
- math 4th grade - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:18pm
Let w = white beads. Solve for w and then find the number of red beads.
w + 6w + 1 = 50
7w = 50 - 1
7w = 49
w = 49 / 7
w = 7
She has 7 white beads.
7 * 6 = 42 red beads
7 + 1 + 42 = 50
- math 4th grade - angie ezcobar, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 5:57pm
she has 7 white beans
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Naomi has 50 red beads and white beads. The number of red beads is 1 more...
- math - Naomi has 50 red beans and white beads.the number of red beads is 1 more ...
- algebra - Naomi has 50 red beads and white beads. The number of red beads is 1 ...
- math - Naomi has 50 red beads and white beads together the # of red beads is 1 ...
- math - Tom has a total of 95 beads. He has 20 more red beads than blue beads. He...
- math 3rd grade - Sam is making a necklace she uses 2 red beads, then 1 yellow ...
- math - Jordan is making a beaded necklace, 2/3 of the beads she uses are red and...
- Math - Ivan has 5 times as may blue beads as red beads he has 49 red and blue ...
- Math - Kira has 16 red beads, and she has 8 fewer yellow beads than red beads. ...
- statistics - a pouch contains 97 green beads 72 red beads and 7 yellow beads. ...