Posted by Justin on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:17pm.
Your Porsche's gas mileage (in miles per gallon) is given as a function M(x) of speed x in miles per hour. It is found that
3,600x−2 − 1/
(3,600x−1 + x)2.
Estimate M'(10), M'(60), and M'(90). (Round your answers to seven decimal places.)
M'(10) = mpg/mph
M'(60) = mpg/mph
M'(90) = mpg/mph
- Calculus - Reiny, Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:35pm
I will read that as
M'(x) = (3600x^-2 - 1)/(3600x^-1 + x)^2
= (3600/x^2 - 1)/(3600/x + x)^2
M'(10) = (3600/100 - 1)/(3600/10+ 10)^2
This makes no sense
Either I did not interpret your typing correctly, or there is a typo.
Please use ^ to exponents and brackets to establish where the division is.
e.g. is it
(3600x^-2 - 1)/(3600x^-1 + x)^2
3600x^-2 - ( 1/(3600x^-1 + x)^2 ) ?
- Calculus - Justin, Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:48pm
ok, maybe this is more accurate...
M'(x) = (3600x^-2 -1)/
- Calculus - evander, Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 11:06pm
you plug in 10,60,90 for x
(3600(10)^2 +10)^2 = 0.0002557 round to the seven decimal places also and you do that for each one.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Your Porsche's gas mileage (in miles per gallon) is given as a ...
- math - Your Porsche's gas mileage (in miles per gallon) is given as a function M...
- Algebra Word Problems - when going more than 38 miles per hour the gas mileage ...
- biology - Given the part of the molecule shown below, can the underlined atom ...
- statistics - the mean gas mileage for a hybrid car is 56 miles per gallon ...
- statistics - An auto maker estimates that the mean gas mileage of its sport ...
- Calculus/ Optimization - A truck driver, on assignment from the owner of the ...
- Math/ Calculus Please HELP!!! - A truck driver, on assignment from the owner of ...
- Grade 12 Calculus - Evaluate each of the following. Show all your calculations...
- Math - A small truck is to be driven 300 miles on a freeway at a constant speed ...