Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 10:28pm.
1). What are some of the causes of urban sprawl?
2). What are some of the effects of urban sprawl?
3). What happens when metropolitan areas spread farther and farther out?
4). What are some of the negative effects of urban sprawl?
My answers to these questions are the following:
1). Some causes of urban sprawl are unrestricted growth, the widespread use of automobiles, and the building of expressways.
2). & (6) . Some of the effects (or negative effects) of urban sprawl are more commuter traffic strains of the infrastructure, air pollution, high costs, separation of the classes of people, and sources of water, such as rivers or underground aquifers to become depleted.
3). When metropolitan areas spread farther and farther out, these areas become more difficult to manage.
Geography (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 10:29pm
*2). & 4).
Geography (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 10:34pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). What are some of the ways cities are dealing with ...
- social studies - 19. Identify two problems resulting from urban sprawl in the ...
- Civics - I have to write a one page report describing the problems associated ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.____________ spread cultural traits because they ...
- science - How does deforestation and urban sprawl affect the food web?
- Health - What reason do studies show why more people with high blood pressure ...
- government LSN - what is the difference between urban sprawl and smart growth??
- dependance of a man on the enviroment - How do deforestation and urban sprawl ...
- world geography - the population in east asia is concentrated in: a. urban areas...
- Social studies - How has the geography of western Europe influenced the growth ...