Posted by Priscilla on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 7:09pm.
The Cupcake Cafe makes 4 1/2 times as much revenue on doughnuts as muffins. If the total sales was $44,000 for May, what dollar amount of each was sold?
- Math - bobpursley, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 7:25pm
then figure donut revenue
- Math - Jai, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 7:25pm
Represent the unknowns with variables.
Let x = total amount of Muffins sold in dollars
Let (4 1/2)x = total amount of Doughnuts sold in dollars (according to the first statement)
Then we set up the equation. Since their total is $44,000:
x + (4 1/2)x = 44000
Then we solve for x. We first convert the mixed number (the 4 1/2) to improper fraction. 4 1/2 = ((4 x 2) + 1)/2 = 9/2.
(x + (9/2)x = 44000) x 2
2x + 9x = 88000
11x = 88000
x = $ 8,000 (Muffins)
(9/2)x = $ 36,000 (Doughnuts)
Hope this helps~ :3
- Math - Truth, Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 8:06pm
do your own damn homework. damn, you've been posting on here for years.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The amount of money that a sales person makes varies directly as the ...
- MSU - Shirts Unlimited operates a chain of shirt stores that carry many styles ...
- pre-algebra - at a scxhool bake sale ,450$ was collected for selling muffins,...
- gr.8 math - last year Stephanie was paid a base salary of $12,000/ year plus a ...
- accounting - Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts...
- Math - The Book Nook makes four times as much revenue on paperback books as on ...
- Budgeting - A well-established coffee shop, the Hot New Café, wants to build a ...
- Mathematics - Tito Sanchez receives a weekly salary of $400. he also receives a ...
- business math - 8. At TelePower Plus, long-distance phone calls to China cost $...
- Math - 1)A bakery can sell muffins for $1 each. If it costs the bakery $5 to ...