Posted by Gabby on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:16pm.
Ok so I have to write a two voice poem on Christopher Columbus finding America, ok so I'm supposed to write how the Europeans felt when they found America and how the Taino (the Indians that were originally there)felt about what happened, and I'm kind of stuck. Now I know the history behind both, I know that the Europeans were very pleased to find America and how the Taino were very un-happy probably stressed because most were made to be slave or to leave and have Christianity forced on them. But I don't know now how to put it all in a two voice poem and make it sound right, mainly because I need to involve things like sensory imagery. Now, I'm not asking for you to make a poem for me, but maybe point me on what I should do cause I'm.............. well, lost so..
Two Voice poem - Gabby, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:17pm
I have found many islands and people,
And have taken possession of all that were found,
As well as enter all harbors,
And placed a large cross in the ground,
Making sure the cross was put in appropriately,
And Your Highnesses banner was unfurled,
The people did not argue, nor falter
Chief Red Jacket:
The White people have found our country,
And have taken it,
They forced their own religion,
We did not fear them at first.
We thought they were friends…
Now this just show's kinda where I am lol.
Two Voice poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:32pm
That's very good!
Two Voice poem - Gabby, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:37pm
Rlly?? Well thx.. but is there anything I could add to well... make it better..
Two Voice poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:41pm
I'm a terrible poet! But you might mention disease brought by the Europeans and slavery from the native's voice.
You might also mention Columbus's search for gold and the free labor available.
Two Voice poem - Gabby, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 4:56pm
Alright I'll see Where I could include that thx! ^.^
Two Voice poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 5:00pm
Two Voice poem - jake, Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:29pm
Two Voice poem - jake, Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:30pm
I mean the poem sorry. this is very good it helps me as well. thx
Two Voice poem - Rmie, Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 3:54pm
Hey Jake, are you in CA/Cnxs online school?
Two Voice poem - Ella, Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 11:11am
Rmie, I am!! This helps a lot!
Two Voice poem - Kimzy, Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 12:05pm
I am to, lol this helped me too!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Ok so I'm supposed to write how the Europeans felt when they ...
- World Studies - Why is it important that Christopher Columbus found America? Due...
- Poems - I have to write a poem about Christopher Columbus and the tano's and I'm...
- Language Arts - in "your little voice"...what is the purpose of the image of the...
- english - For Language Arts I have to write a two voice poem about the holocost...
- 10th grade - how do I write and start a two voice poem?
- Language Arts - In "your little voice" by EE Cummings what is the purpose of the...
- LA NOW. - Write a brief essay discussing the use of imagery in both "Grandma ...
- Global : Columbus - 1) Why do you think Christopher Columbus is a villian? 2) ...
- Poetry - How does Walt Whitman's poem "I Hear America Singing" relate and differ...