Posted by George on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 2:59pm.
I was asked this question for homework but I don't even know where to begin. It has 3 parts to answer.
1) add all lone pairs and make multiple bonds with the framework shown to satisfy the octets and make the best Lewis structure.
2) For the C-N bond(s) in each molecule indicate which atomic orbitals overlap to make the bonds.
3) Indicate the direction of any significant dipoles
CH3 - N - C - O
I have no idea what to do..can anyone please help?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 3:37pm
We can't draw strucures on this forum; perhaps I can give you an idea what to do. Add up electrons; H = 3 total, C = 8 total N = 5 total and O = 6 total. That gives a total of 22 electrons and they can be arranged this way.
That satisfies the octet rule.
Look up the electronegativities of each element; the more electronegative element will be slightly negative and the less electronegative element will be positive.
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - Lewis Dots - Draw the molecule by placing atoms on the grid and ...
- Chemistry - What is the number of double or triple bonds in the formula C3H8? ...
- chemistry - Formal charge: kind of confused? why cant i get -1? i just want to ...
- chem - Formal charge: kind of confused? why cant i get -1? tinypic . com /view....
- chemistry - which orbitals in the molecular orbital diagram contain the lone ...
- Chemistry - Draw the best Lewis structure for NCCH2C(O)CH2CHO, a neutral ...
- Chemistry - Draw the Lewis structures for BrO3- and ClO4- and indicate their ...
- chemistry - okay we are drawing bonds and i was wondering how i am supposed to ...
- Chemistry - Do PCl5 have 3 lone pairs for each Cl? and 1 lone pair for P ??
- Chemistry - Draw Lewis Structure for BrO3^- The textbook answer involves a ...