Posted by Anonymous on Friday, September 13, 2013 at 10:47pm.
1). Which industries drive Canada's economy?
2). In which region is the majority of the population located?
3). Which bodies of water do the Atlantic Provinces border?
4). What is the major economic activity of the Atlantic Ocean?
5). Which provinces make up the Prairie Provinces?
6). Why is the population of the Atlantic Provinces so small?
7). Why are Ontario Quebec called the heartland of Canada?
8). What economic activities take place in British Columbia?
9). What is the location of Afghanistan in relation to Saudi Arabia?
My answers to these questions are the following:
1). The industries which drive Canada's economy are services industries, including finance, utilities, trade, transportation, tourism, communications, insurance, and real estate.
2). The majority of the population is located in a region which is mostly along a 100-mile wide strip of land just north of the U.S. border.
3). The Labrador Sea, the Gulf of St. Lawrence, and the Atlantic Ocean border the Atlantic Provinces.
4). The major economic activity of the Atlantic Ocean is logging.
5). The Manitoba, the Saskatchewan, and the Alberta provinces make up the Prairie Provinces.
6). The small population of the Atlantic Provinces is due largely to the provinces' rugged terrain and severe weather.
7). Ontario and Quebec are called the heartland of Canada because Ontario is the largest province in terms of population, Quebec in land area.
8). Mining, fishing, and logging are the economic activities which take place in British Columbia.
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 13, 2013 at 10:55pm
Your answer for 4 is wrong.
Check this map for the answer for 9.
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:01pm
For question #4, I meant to type "Atlantic Provinces."
I don't know how to answer question #9. I experience difficulties reading maps in terms of finding how a location is in relation to another.
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:14pm
I believe you're right now about # 4, although I'm not positive. My sources mention logging, tourism, fishing, and services as primary economic activities of the Atlantic provinces.
All maps are laid out the same way with North at the top, East to the right, South at the bottom, and West to the left.
Which direction would you go from Saudi Arabia to Afghanistan?
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Friday, September 13, 2013 at 11:27pm
I would travel in a northeastern direction.
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 11:57am
Answer this Question
- Geography- Canada - are the important industries of Canada called Grand banks? ...
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Which of the following is an accurate ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.Where is Canada’s population density highest? A. In ...
- Global Studies (Please help) - 1. Why are the Prairie Provinces known as Canada'...
- History Essay - How does this sound so far? It is the introduction to an essay ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.Where is the majority of Canada’s oil found? A. Along...
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Sorry there are so many questions!!!! 1. The ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). In what way does Western Europe have a diverse economy...
- Science ASAP - 1. Why is mining important to the economy of the United States? ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.In what ways did immigrants contribute to American ...