Posted by Gabby on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:07pm.
1)A scientist at a chemical company designs and conducts an experiment to determine if a chemical made by the company is harmful to crops. To do this, he sprays the chemical on three plants he has in the laboratory. None of the plants survive. The scientist reports that the chemical is not harmful to crops and publishes a paper stating that the chemical should be sprayed on all fields. The scientist is being(1point
2)You need to do a research paper on global warming. Which of the following would be a reliable source for the information you need?(1point)
A popular tabloid magazine
A scientific journal about global literacy
An environmental government agency’s website***
A website that could be edited by anyone
3)A student makes the following statement: Chocolate- covered donuts are 10 times better than plain, glazed donuts. Which of the following correctly describes the student’s statement?(1point)
The student’s statement is a quantative observation.
The students statement is and inference.
The student’s statement is a prediction.
The student’s statement is an opinion. ***
4)A student observes dark clouds are surrounding the school and the grass on the playground is wet. The student reasons that it rained. Which scientific skill did the student use to determine that it rained?(1point)
5)A student made the following observations about a squirrel’s movements:
>The squirrel traveled about 500 meters between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
>The squirrel stopped 17 times to eat nuts.
> The squirrel rested twice.
> The squirrel ran in a zigzag pattern.
Which of the students observations is a qualitative observation?(1point)
The squirrel traveled about 500 meters between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
The squirrel stopped 17 times to eat nuts.
The squirrel rested twice.
The squirrel ran in a zigzag pattern.***
Am I correct???
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Scientific Literacy - 6) A scientist at a chemical company designs and conducts...
- science - a scientist is studying a new chemical hopes will prevent insects ...
- math - A scientist is mixing a chemical solution for an experiment. The solution...
- Finance, Economics - A small vessel (this means 10 year life) was purchased by a...
- math - scientist is mixing a chemical solution for an experiment solution ...
- Science - We did a experiment in class to recognize chemical change. I don't ...
- Math - A scientist is mixing a chemical solution for an experiment. The solution...
- SCIENCE - A SCIENTIST NOTED A POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A CERTAIN CHEMICAL ...
- Math Lit - One 250mg tablet is made up of chemical A , B, ,C in a ratio 3:2:5. ...
- cost finance - 1. X is the manufacture of Mumbai purchased three chemicals A, B ...