Posted by aaron on Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 7:59pm.
need to solve a word problem using linear equation in slope form.
Ben walks 3 miles per hour, and runs at 6 miles per hour. Runs and walks a total of distance of 210 miles per week.
Is this correct
210 = 3/6m +b - equation to show relation of hours run to walk
B. is Ben runs for 25, how many does he walk
210 = 6(25) +3(x)
- Alebra - Steve, Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 6:55am
nope. distance = speed * time
If the walk/run times are w and r, then
3w + 6r = 210
r = 35 - 1/2 w
w = 70 - 2r
you say Ben runs for 25. 25 what? hours, minutes, miles?
If miles, then the run time is 25/6 hrs.
Use that to find the w value
Your equation hints that he ran for 25 hours. I think you will find that it will be hard to come up with a reasonable value for x.
- Alebra - Aaron, Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 4:06pm
I meant 25 minutes
- Alebra - aaron, Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 4:42pm
here is the 2nd part of the question
B. Ben runs for 25 hours. For how many hours does he walk?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - A student runs 100 meters in 11 seconds. What is the speed of the ...
- Trig - Nathan and Julia are walking along lines that form a 38 degree angle. If ...
- algebra - Bob and bill leave the ice cream store at the same time going in ...
- physics - two runners who live 10 miles apart leave home and start running ...
- Math - You walk at 4 miles per hour for 1/2 hour, and then jog at 6 miles per ...
- Math - Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an average ...
- Math - Runner runs 8 miles at 5 miles per hour, then another 2 miles at 7 miles ...
- maths - A motorist travels 120 miles to his destionation at an average speed of ...
- algebra word problem - A long distance runner starts at the beginning of a trail...
- math - 11. Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an ...